Gibson Brands Forums

Best Prices for New Gibson's

Pickax

One last thing then I'll bow out:

When buying anything site unseen the only true way to proceed with confidence is in situations where the piece to piece quality of the item in question is high, with little variation. Martins, Taylors, H&Ds, and SGSC's are wonderful in this regard since the total variation in 100 of the same models is minute compared to Gibson.

A great example presented itself today. I was in the Towson, MD GC today (of all places) and played easily the best new Hummingbird I've ever played. The model has always intrigued me and I've played literally hundreds of them over the past 20 years and I've never been impressed with any of them.

If I wasn't there to buy another guitar that was just as incredible (the aforementioned terrible buy: used J-45 TV and beefy case for the outrageous price of $2200) that Hummingbird would have went home with me, even though I probably would have only knocked a couple hundred off the $2900 price tag.

See, when you find a great Gibson, you better buy it. You have no idea when you'll see another one just as good.

Good luck to anyone out there willing to buy a Gibson site unseen.

Good luck to anyone out there willing to buy a Gibson site unseen.

After searching, calling and visiting many stores, I was unable to get an AJ in my city, or neighbouring cities. So i was completely in the dark except for sound clips, pictures and discussions here and other places online.

That being said - she's an absolute stunner. A mighty princess. Kinda led me to believe that buying a Gibson online is pretty safe.I'm really happy with her..

Screenshot2011-02-13at110253AM.png

Screenshot2011-02-13at110301AM.png

Screenshot2011-02-13at110232AM.png

That's a mighty fine looking AJ - just beautiful. As for buying Gibson's sight unseen, I've bought 4 that way and they were all excellent Guitars. I've played a few J-45TV's and they were very consistent in terms of tone, volume and fit/finish. I wouldn't hesitate in ordering a TV sight unseen - especially if I could get it new for $2200 [biggrin]

Archived