Gibson Brands Forums

EQD Hummingbird

Dub-T-123

Just got this in today.

photo-127.jpg

I've only played with it for about 20 minutes on a crappy amp but so far I'm liking it. I like it much better than the tremolo pedal that I just sold.

It's a pretty choppy sounding tremolo. It goes from really slow to faster than any other tremolo I have used. The only faster thing I've played is my friend's Moog Ring Modulator.

It's sweet. Still waiting for my Hoof to come in though.

I had that pedal for like 2 weeks before I sold it. It was cool but it was big and I found myself only using it to make weird noises. Like the kindof noises that you never use in a band. So alas. I sold it.

If you listen to Brothers I'm pretty sure Dan uses this all over it. That's not why I got it. I just wanted a simple tremolo that can go really slow and really fast and this fits the bill nicely. It goes so fast that the pitch drops down. A little faster and it would be a ring mod.

Yeah... I have serious GAS for the EQD pedals, but I'm moving more away from pedals and keeping my signal cleaner, just some pedals for some dirt, or the overdrive I'm mainly using for a solo boost that adds some dirt, the Big Muff as my "Jack White pedal", and the Swollen Pickle for sick nasty goodness all over.

I'm trying to downsize my board, but you posting this kind of stuff isn't helping [flapper]

I love pedals. I had the best jam ever the other day with my SHO, Fuzz Factory and Torn's Peaker. I probably had the best tone I've ever had.

I'm really mainly just into fuzz/ dirt though. I don't sound like I use a lot of pedals because I never use delay or chorus or anything in band situations. I've tried.. It's just not really my style.

That thing that I sent you a while ago was not very representative of how I sound in a band. My Hoof needs to hurry up and get here.

I love pedals. I had the best jam ever the other day with my SHO, Fuzz Factory and Torn's Peaker. I probably had the best tone I've ever had.

I'm really mainly just into fuzz/ dirt though. I don't sound like I use a lot of pedals because I never use delay or chorus or anything in band situations. I've tried.. It's just not really my style.

That thing that I sent you a while ago was not very representative of how I sound in a band. My Hoof needs to hurry up and get here.

Yeah, I mean that's like all I use. I have the tremolo but I run that through my effects loop because it has no volume whatsoever, so I have to boost the **** out of it just resulting in a bunch of dirt.

I have a delay, really just use it for weird spacey stuff and also for some solos but mainly just noodling.

If you ever want to sell the Hoof or the Hummingbird or the Torn's Peaker, let me know [biggrin]

The Hummingbird has a level control which is totally sweet. So no dropoff and you can set it for a boost. I'll probably just set it for unity gain.

I kindof suck at using delay actually. I think it's just that most of the stuff I play isn't really condusive to delay. My SMMH breaks up in a bad way when you hit it with a loud signal so I usually can't use it with fuzz which is where I usually want to use it for shoegazey chord stuff.

I can't see myself getting rid of any of those but if I do I'll hit you up for sure.

By the way on a somewhat unrelated note.. The other night I had my amp set loud with a little crunch but to where I could clean it up easily with my picking attack or volume (but I could also rock out by hitting the strings hard) and my fuzz sounded SO GOOD though it. It was a total epiphany.

My drummer and I played some White Stripes songs and it sounded so perfect it was ridiculous. The transition from fuzz to crunch to clean on Dead Leaves was awesome. T-t-t-telecaster man. I'm tone heaven.

The Hummingbird has a level control which is totally sweet. So no dropoff and you can set it for a boost. I'll probably just set it for unity gain.

I kindof suck at using delay actually. I think it's just that most of the stuff I play isn't really condusive to delay. My SMMH breaks up in a bad way when you hit it with a loud signal so I usually can't use it with fuzz which is where I usually want to use it for shoegazey chord stuff.

I can't see myself getting rid of any of those but if I do I'll hit you up for sure.

By the way on a somewhat unrelated note.. The other night I had my amp set loud with a little crunch but to where I could clean it up easily with my picking attack or volume (but I could also rock out by hitting the strings hard) and my fuzz sounded SO GOOD though it. It was a total epiphany.

My drummer and I played some White Stripes songs and it sounded so perfect it was ridiculous. The transition from fuzz to crunch to clean on Dead Leaves was awesome. T-t-t-telecaster man. I'm tone heaven.

On using delay, I'm really weird I guess, Evol saw my settings and said "holy ****, you have it set higher for oscillations than I do!" Probably because for all this stuff, nobody tells me how to do stuff, and I don't use it in the traditional sense. I get a really fat echo-y repeating sound. I'll post a demo or something through soundclick probably tomorrow

Amps set where they are clean and you just use your attack are **** man! I use that all the time, and I know exactly what you mean. I'm pretty happy with my LP for now, but I gots to gets me a semi hollow then an SG with P90s... then another LP, a duo jet, a jazzmaster, then a tele. I have it mapped out perfectly [biggrin]

Can I listen to soundclick?

My favorite delay sounds are "The Sweat Descends" by Les Savvy Fav (check that song out it rocks) and "Any Colour You Like" by Pink Floyd. I guess I like longer delay times. I hate that palm muted delay **** like fcpremix or whatever by Fall of Troy.

Really though I suck at using delay with guitar. I'm good at using it on my friends Moog.

I wish I could combine the sound of my Tele with the feel of my SG. I love the way my SG sounds but lately I've been way more in to single coils.

Can I listen to soundclick?

My favorite delay sounds are "The Sweat Descends" by Les Savvy Fav (check that song out it rocks) and "Any Colour You Like" by Pink Floyd. I guess I like longer delay times. I hate that palm muted delay **** like fcpremix or whatever by Fall of Troy.

Really though I suck at using delay with guitar. I'm good at using it on my friends Moog.

I wish I could combine the sound of my Tele with the feel of my SG. I love the way my SG sounds but lately I've been way more in to single coils.

Les Savvy Fav is awesome, and that's my favorite song by them!

And I actually wrote a song and my friend says it sounds like FCPREMIX... [unsure] don't hate me for it [crying]

I need to get my delay up by my amp because each song I write using delay uses different speeds and I have to tweak the knobs all the time... it sucks

And I use soundcloud, not sure if it works on the iPhone... I'll make a youtube video or something once I figure it out just for you [blush]

Delay on a synth is also the ****, one of my favorite sounds ever

My favorite Les Savvy Fav song is Yawn Yawn Yawn.

Actually the guitar part in fcpremix is pretty cool. I was just being a ******.

Soundcloud doesn't work for me but don't worry about it haha.

The Moog is pretty sweet no matter what you do to it. I love that grindy, analog synth sound. When my friend comes down from San Fran next month I'm gonna make him bring his Moog and I want to run it through my board.

My favorite Les Savvy Fav song is Yawn Yawn Yawn.

Actually the guitar part in fcpremix is pretty cool. I was just being a ******.

Soundcloud doesn't work for me but don't worry about it haha.

The Moog is pretty sweet no matter what you do to it. I love that grindy, analog synth sound. When my friend comes down from San Fran next month I'm gonna make him bring his Moog and I want to run it through my board.

Nah, I'll figure out youtube, I feel like a really old person because I can get like everything with music uploading, but youtube, nothing has worked for me ever.

I don't like a whole bunch of stuff from Fall of Troy, but the video is kind of cool

That's my other major GAS is getting a Moog... analog is the only way to go!

Have you played the Moog Little Phatty? I'm pretty iffy about it. I mean it's cool but I feel weird about all those presets and stuff. I guess it's an all analog signal path but it seems wrong to me.

I wish the old MiniMoogs weren't so expensive. I think daveinspain has one.

Have you played the Moog Little Phatty? I'm pretty iffy about it. I mean it's cool but I feel weird about all those presets and stuff. I guess it's an all analog signal path but it seems wrong to me.

I wish the old MiniMoogs weren't so expensive. I think daveinspain has one.

Exactly! I mean they sound ok, but dammit, I wanna tweak like a mad man on one of those

And whenever I look at other Moogs, I just think about the sweet guitar gear I could get for the same price...

The Moog guitar is SWEET. I think theyre super ugly but they play like butter and they sound really good. I played some at NAMM and they're awesome. Infinite sustain. Those pickups are sweet. You can do some crazy ****.

Paul Vo was there and he showed me how to use it. He's a nice guy haha.

Did you see the Moog lapsteel? Soooo sweet. I love everything that Moog does.

They don't sound synthy to me.

Yeah they're really expensive. They use like AAAAA flamed maple or something lol. They're pretty awesome though. Plus each one is signed by Paul Vo. That's worth at least $1000 by itself.

For that price, I'd rather buy a minimoog AND a new guitar lol

Same here.

I just wrote an essay about shopping addiction and all I could think about was how addicted I am to buying gear :/

At least I can go on forums and feel better about myself by seeing how much worse some other people are haha. You guys are enablers!

Archived