Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone Crestwood ET 275

jadedbat

Gassing no more! :) Been hunting one of these for a while now. Picked this gal up from a local shop this weekend. I'm in love. Such fun tones you can squeak out of these. Can't put a full date on it.. somewhere between 1970-1975. No serial and research is leading me to think even if I had a serial it would be fairly useless. Vintage everything on this one.. except 500k pots. Fairly certain original hardshell as well. :)

It's in great shape.. took a little setup and it's completely dialed in now. This is another very underrated Epi if you ask me. And pretty affordable. Anybody else have one?

5427552144_f6c1a68e8d_b.jpg

5427552064_f388d2c216_b.jpg

5426948049_13edb4ed51_b.jpg

5426947975_f7e92db6fd_b.jpg

Very cool, Jaded ... it looks to be in EXCEPTIONAL condition. Congrats!

Here's a page from an old Epiphone catalog showing your guitar right along side an ET-270 that I used to own:

Jim

Rad :) I've been eyeing those 270's wonder how they sound did you like yers?

Very nice, what sort of bridge is that?

Ha,,.. ya know I haven't yanked it from the body yet to really figure out how it works.. Brianh states it best below: 'Funky Roller Bridge'

HNGD jadedbat, absolutely gorgeous guitar in great condition, what more does one need, cheers.

Very happy :) And in answer to your question .. more gorgeous guitars that are in great condition. hA!

Wow, that's in really nice condition jaded, congrats.

Love those shot-glass knobs and the funky roller bridge/whammy.

Jimi would have loved it: http://www.jimihendrix.dk/index.php?lang=en&page=gear

Tnx Brian, I love that, pardon the pun, Jimi page :) In the end I'll have a Wilshire but this will act as a gateway drug..hehe.

Tnx for letting me share with the Gang!

Rad :) I've been eyeing those 270's wonder how they sound did you like yers?

Ha,,.. ya know I haven't yanked it from the body yet to really figure out how it works.. Brianh states it best below: 'Funky Roller Bridge'

Very happy :) And in answer to your question .. more gorgeous guitars that are in great condition. hA!

Tnx Brian, I love that, pardon the pun, Jimi page :) In the end I'll have a Wilshire but this will act as a gateway drug..hehe.

Tnx for letting me share with the Gang!

This Epiphone is build by the Matsumoku factory in Japan, Your Epi is a version they build in the period 1973-1976.

The "funky" bridge is wel used by Matsomku and works very wel and if its working good, keep your hands of it.

Matsumoku used these bridges on their own brands Aria and Aria Pro II

The humbuckers are MMK humbuckers produced by Maxon and of a very good quality.

The neckpockets on these guitars are pretty thin and the heel of the neck is also very thin, so be gentle with it an don't use strings thikker then 0.10-0.46

Great guitar and congrats!!!

I sold mine to a member here for $175... Only for the reason is I need to make room for two guitars that have been sitting in my parents attic for a 1/4 of a century [biggrin] ... Mom threatened to throw them away if I didnt have them picked up by the end of March [scared]

• 3 weeks later...

If it plays as pretty as it looks... Very, very nice.

Duane ... $175? Whew!

My Guild S100c, btw, has a stopbar and not a whammy of any sort, but still has a roller bridge that otherwise adjusts like a tunomatic. I wonder sometimes if that bridge hasn't been a factor in that particular instrument having such versatility in tone from sounding rather decent for jazz to country and rock.

m

Jaded,

Noticed in the first two photos the vibrato bar was not screwed in . In the final photo, it's there. I assume that it is the original bar as it looks it. I have a friend who owns the same model, but he bought it sans vibrato bar and has wanted to replace it. If this is not the original bar, where did you get it?

Thanks,

John

Archived