Gibson Brands Forums

New Foo Fighters...

Silenced Fred

anyone else excited for it?

I think its really cool they are playing small secret shows (although I wish some of them were near me) because it brings them back to where they were at the beginning. Also, the recordings, as defined by Dave Grohl, were done to sound like they were recorded in their garage, which they were, and I'm glad because it won't be overproduced.

And, they are going to be playing Lollapalooza so I can see them live then. I can't wait. BTW, my birthday is the week after the album gets released, so now you all know what to get me [biggrin]

Dave is the coolest dude in the world. I had the pleasure of chilling with him backstage at the Queens of the Stone Age show at the Metro in Chicago on their Songs for the Deaf tour...best night of my life.

I love his drumming but i never really got too much into the Foo's...though, I have heard a clip from their new album on Soundcloud and I was pleasantly surprised. Sounded heavier than their other stuff but i'm not sure. I'll definitely give it a chance!!

Dave is the coolest dude in the world. I had the pleasure of chilling with him backstage at the Queens of the Stone Age show at the Metro in Chicago on their Songs for the Deaf tour...best night of my life.

I love his drumming but i never really got too much into the Foo's...though, I have heard a clip from their new album on Soundcloud and I was pleasantly surprised. Sounded heavier than their other stuff but i'm not sure. I'll definitely give it a chance!!

Seriously jealous man, he just seems like an awesome guy to hang out with. They have some good stuff and not just all of their singles!

He really is...totall down to earth. Easy to hang with...felt like hanging with friends...was an amazing night. Had a shot of Crown with him before he hit the stage too!!!

I am definitely going to see them at Lolla. I'll make one of those signs hat says "bring me on stage so I can play guitar with you" and hope for the best [biggrin]

This new album is their "heaviest yet"

They posted the Chicago Lolla lineup already? they usually wait until April.

Edit: I'm a big fan of the Foo Fighters, have always wanted to see them in concert so if they really are doing Lolla that gives me a great excuse to go. Josie Dye sent me a 30 second teaser she got and even for the snippet it was, sounded great.

They posted the Chicago Lolla lineup already? they usually wait until April.

Edit: I'm a big fan of the Foo Fighters, have always wanted to see them in concert so if they really are doing Lolla that gives me a great excuse to go. Josie Dye sent me a 30 second teaser she got and even for the snippet it was, sounded great.

They usually "leak" 3 headliners, which is what happened

Haha wouldn't be bad, I'd probably hit up one of the other stages while Eminem does his thing.

Yeah, I love small side shows, went to Jamboree held by the local alt-rock station Q101 and the mix was awful in the big stage with the large name bands, and the sound was great on the side stage and even bands I didn't like sounded a billion times better than the big name bands, I would have killed the sound guys

Archived