Gibson Brands Forums

Let's see some pictures.

Tim Plains

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hey buchananblues what tele is that? Looks prety much the same as mine... nice pic man... makes me wanna do the same at home. (I probably will' date=' if you dont mind)[/quote']

The tele is an American Standard 60th Anniversary (vintage white). LOL, I don't mind at all ~ go for it.

thanks for the compliments.

Close enough... mine is a 60th anniversary American Ash Standard... in honey blonde... but looks prety much the same as yours... Very good guitars' date=' congratulations... in fact, Teles are great. (ok Tim, say it...)[/quote']

I see your's in your picture and they do really look similar ~ and yes ~ I concur ~ very nice guitar.

Speechless...

Hey man' date=' what's the story of that lester with a floyd rose?[/quote']

It's a '78 I rescued it from a butcher. It was a natural top that someone sanded down and carved with a pen. The Floyd route was done nicely and I always wanted an LP with a floyd, so instead of caving up one of the good ones, I was lucky enough to find one already done. I got it on the cheap and had John at String King in Akron, Ohio do the Gold Top. Great sounding Les Paul. I do not hear any "tone suck" with the Floyd installed. Although I did opt for the Schaller Floyd, it is supposed to sound thicker than an O.F.R.

beforeandafter1.jpg

Pool80a.jpg

Archived