Gibson Brands Forums

No! Really! Someone explain to me please.

dandan

No. Really. Someone explain to me please.. How it happens??? that a person asks a simple request... that is to join his group on Facebook .. It's free, it is not difficult and out of a hundred people who entered the link to my previous request... there was even one person to join the band .. why? When we turned to people they do not mind helping each other???? Especially with something beautiful and pure as music .. thank you anyway .. ](*,)

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Stand-still/128327993899471

I don't understand the post?

Could you repeat the question?

What I think dandan means is that he asked people to sign up for his Facebook account - for which he posted a link - and, despite there having been over one hundred views, no-one took him up on his offer.

He want's to know why.

I think...

P.

What I think dandan means is that he asked people to sign up for his Facebook account - for which he posted a link - and, despite there having been over one hundred views, no-one took him up on his offer.

He want's to know why.

I think...

P.

exactly !! :)thank you

Hate facebook - and why would I want to follow you there anyway?

What do you have to hate so much? You choose what to do in your life and just as well. I do not like the Facebook, but. Is a means of helping to promote music and believe it or not .. you can also say a good word about my band and not just deny me. [sneaky]

What do you have to hate so much? You choose what to do in your life and just as well. I do not like the Facebook, but. Is a means of helping to promote music and believe it or not .. you can also say a good word about my band and not just deny me. [sneaky]

Welcome to the forum.

Always enjoy meeting a newbie without people skills.

Just a suggestion. Take a little time and hang out here. Get to know some of the guys. Plenty of knowledgeable folks here that can help with any Gibson specific and music in general info.

I for one won't even click on a link by someone I don't know.

I generally avoid "Like" or "Friends" with bands/bars unless I know the people personally. Many bands/bars will bombard you with messages about every upcoming event or drink special. I have actually unfriended my favorite bar and a friend from college that promotes shows because I got tired of sifting through 10 messages a week from each of them. I understand that facebook is a valuable promotion tool to bands, but too many people abuse the group message/ make an event feature. Your band also appears to based in Israel, which means it is unlikely that I will be able to attend any of your gigs.

I don't do facebook, twitter or myspace, although I've investigated all of them.

I've read a lot about them on the Internet and in trade magazines. It seems that scams and identity theft are common. I've also read when people post where they are going on vacation, or to a concert, there are a number of other people who consider that an invitation to go to their house and rob them.

But that isn't the real reason why I don't do facebook. The real reason is that it just doesn't interest me. I joined LinkedIn to help a friend out, and the only time I go back is to accept invitations from other people that I know. Seems like there is nothing I want to say.

On the other hand I write and keep two websites up to promote both of my businesses http://www.nortonmusic.com and http://www.s-cats.com - and perhaps I'd get a little more promotion at facebook, but again, it really doesn't interest me.

If I was on facebook, I'd consider your request, but I didn't join for my own daughter, so I guess at this time I'm not going to join for anyone else.

Good luck with your band and your self-promotion.

Notes ♫

I think the other guys nailed it.

I have a facebook thingie for my job. Functionally I was ordered to have one. But I got an entirely separate email account for it, too.

Also, as has been mentioned, it can be used for a number of types of hijackings... I have some additional info on that but I won't do so here. Let's put it this way: users have far less control over material they put into facebook than they realize, and there is far more opportunity for nasty stuff than they realize.

m

Facebook is fine...but did you think that maybe you should get to know some folks here and maybe post a bit more before advertising your band? I have a facebook account and I didn't bother to click your link.

Who knows, maybe the other 99 people simply didn't like your band...a second whiny post isn;t going to get your band more fans or "likes" on FB man...

Yeah, as of now you have 12 posts. You kinda have to prove you're a real person as many of us really get to know each other. Too many weirdos come and go here in a flash doing the same thing you're doing now. But they do it in under 10 posts so you have stuck around (or not been banned) longer than they have.

You invited total strangers to your party and you are ticked no one took you up on it?

Here's the deal. Facebook to some is a private thing between close friends. Facebook can also be, a public thing, as a stage to draw an audience to read someone's proselytizeing. Facebook is also seen as a way of validating one's self as a person by having a gazillion 'friends' who, are anything but.

As the electronic social network concept matures users tend to gravitate towards using it as a private communication device. Most of the 'kids' I know who have been with FB and MS from day two, have since gleanded their 700+ 'friends' portfolio down to a manageable size of less than a hundred.

Welcome to the form Dandan, but to come on here with less than 10 posts and beg people to 'friend' you on your facebook page is a bit... optimistic. To get upset enough about it to quiz us as to why we didn't all flock to 'friend' you is a bit arrogant.

There are other guitar related websites out there. They all have a different culture. The culture here is fairly conservative and to allow a someone we barely know into our private FaceBook lives is not going to happen.

I only 'friend' people on my FB account who are close family. Former class mates have found me and requested to be 'friended', but I have ignored all but a discrete couple of former friends. (notice the lack of quotes)

That's just who I am.

Archived