Gibson Brands Forums

Peavey Delta Blues

guitargreg1993

Hey everyone, my hunt for the perfect tube amp is over.... and I've decided that I'm gonna go with the Peavey Delta Blues for my amp choice.... it's got everything the Classic 30 has plus it has tremolo (which i was playing around with and got some cool sounds out of), and I can get it for only $50 more...

Now the question is, what speaker config would be better? 1x15 or 2x10?? Which one would be better/easier to mic and have it sound good in either the studio or at a gig?

Thanks for all your help on my search everyone [thumbup]

Firstly, congratulations on an excellent choice of amp. I have the 15" speaker. I didn't know it came with 2 x 10s. Nevertheless, the 15" provides a "big" sound and it's easier to mic. I was using it with my Custom just the other night, and it sounded glorious. Don't let those 30 watts full you. It's a loud amp as you may already know. The 15 inch speaker is not common 4 that wattage and that's why I like it. You can't argue with hundreds of overwhelmingly positive reviews. It's very bluesy and tubey (new word) and you can still play some rock with it even though it's not a high gain amp. [thumbup]

Firstly, congratulations on an excellent choice of amp. I have the 15" speaker. I didn't know it came with 2 x 10s. Nevertheless, the 15" provides a "big" sound and it's easier to mic. I was using it with my Custom just the other night, and it sounded glorious. Don't let those 30 watts full you. It's a loud amp as you may already know. The 15 inch speaker is not common 4 that wattage and that's why I like it. You can't argue with hundreds of overwhelmingly positive reviews. It's very bluesy and tubey (new word) and you can still play some rock with it even though it's not a high gain amp. [thumbup]

thanks man!! I absolutely LOVE the clean tones of the amp, and it can get down and dirty too. it's got a very vintage, raw-sounding distortion which i also love... and yes it does have some serious volume (so it should be fine for gigging), even on the clean channel with volume half-way up, it made the walls of the store shake and all the snare drums were vibrating!!! it was pretty awesome [thumbup]

just wondering, how is a 15" speaker easier to mic than a 10"?

well let me rephrase. I find it simpler because you can just mike it on the edge of the 1 and only cone, I'm sure it's just a simple to do it the other way.

yes I have gigged with that amp and it is plenty loud! I don't think I have ever had he volume halfway..... that's scary, lol. have fun with it bud [thumbup]

Archived