Gibson Brands Forums

A Tribute to Gary Moore...

guitargreg1993

damn good job man! i can't say enough what i think about that, but i'll try. you mention there my be only one other at your school who knows who he is, but that ain't the point. it is how many know now, because of what you did. music is a funny thing-the passing of time and such. music does not live on when no one listens to it anymore. it is those that love it and have a passion for it that passes it on to those after, and without that, the music dies. blues, and the music that gary moore loved and played is an american artform. this lives inside us, it moves us, and it is that which is alive, that we can then share. and we share by not just knowing, we share by playing, by listening, by playing records and cd's to each other and by doing artwork for display as you have done. those are hours well spent.

now, for doing gary moore justice? you playing his music IS doing him justice. music is not owned. that music of his that you love, that's YOUR music. he gave it to you (us) and now it is yours. you do it justice by doing that.

+1 [biggrin]

[thumbup]

damn good job man! i can't say enough what i think about that, but i'll try. you mention there my be only one other at your school who knows who he is, but that ain't the point. it is how many know now, because of what you did. music is a funny thing-the passing of time and such. music does not live on when no one listens to it anymore. it is those that love it and have a passion for it that passes it on to those after, and without that, the music dies. blues, and the music that gary moore loved and played is an american artform. this lives inside us, it moves us, and it is that which is alive, that we can then share. and we share by not just knowing, we share by playing, by listening, by playing records and cd's to each other and by doing artwork for display as you have done. those are hours well spent.

now, for doing gary moore justice? you playing his music IS doing him justice. music is not owned. that music of his that you love, that's YOUR music. he gave it to you (us) and now it is yours. you do it justice by doing that.

you couldn't have said it any better than that... big [thumbup]

[biggrin]

Archived