Gibson Brands Forums

Your Everyday Amp

Rocky4

I have a 30w 1961 Premier B120 Club Bass that sounds like poop if you don't crank it up high. I also have a 1966 Kalamazoo Reverb 12 that I like for clean, surfy type stuff. I have a 5w Epi Valve Jr stack. Again, sounds like crap if you don't crank it up. The amp I use the most is a 60w SS Crate GTD65. Great amp! It has the best clean channel I have ever listened too on an amp and it get decent hi gain sounds turned down low.

Fender Hot Rod DeVille 2x12 with 60 watts.

WAY more than enough.

I play louder in my house than I ever have at a gig. [thumbup]

I have a 15 watt Blues Junior, but it just doesn't have the balls to do power chord stuff down low.

That being being said, I haven't ran my Fulltone OCD pedal into it yet.

Who knows - it might make it bark enough to do the riffs I like at a decent volume.

2636099679_5aed572ce8_z.jpg

Don't even ask about the Marshall - it's fxcking INSANE inside a house. [scared]=; B)

I have a blues jr as well, the only way to get the kind of bark you want is crank it up and turn the volume on your guitar down. The amp i reckon is best suited to playing clean or with a light crunch, not an amp for major overdrive or distortion

Let's start by saying I really wish I had the old DR back.

But for gigs the past half dozen years the little Kustom 30-watt AE amp does fine.

Then there's the big mamma that ain't been outa the house in years. 120 watt tube. Way too much for what I do which is largely why I wish I hadn't swapped it in a fit of biggeritis.

The little PA is only 100, but works...

m

At home I either use my Deluxe Reverb RI at bedroom volume or some times I bust out the death trap Silvertone 1448 amp in case. The Silvertone has no ground so don't touch anything while playing and always wear rubber soled shoes.

At gigs and rehearsal my trusty Silvertone 1484 with matching 2x12 cab takes me to tone nirvana. She's listed as 40watts (I think). It calls all Church of the Sonic Guitar members to prayer; not unlike a minaret.

Right now the only amp I have in a cab/head unit is a 50w Ceritone OTS.

However, I just finished an amp build and the raw chassis is connected to a speaker cab. It's usable... I have one upgrade to do on it though. It's 10watts with a 6L6 and 8watts with a 6V6.

Archived