Gibson Brands Forums

First video from Hard Rock residency

EuroAussie

Last week I posted a pic from our new Friday nite residency at the Hard Rock cafe Prague.

Well yesterday Mrs Euroaussie dropped in to the show and took some footage from her mobile phone, capturing us doing Blue on Black ,the Kenny Wayne Shepherd classic.

This was our first gig with our new lead guitarist as the previous one unfortunately broke his arm and will be out of acdtion for couple months.

I thought it went ok, we were a bit loose in the first half but got it together in the 2nd half for a good finish.

I was playing the SWD and wearing my Gibson t-shirt with pride :-)

Hope you enjoy it, the quality is obviously less than average given its from a mobile, i should have some additional footage from a HD camera that was also shooting, hopefully that will come during the week.

cheers !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oDZY9Q03RM

Thank you very much, glad you enjoyed it ! Hope to get some HD footage of a couple other tracks. It was nice to get of to a solid start with our new guitarist, chemistry was good !

cheers.

Sounded great, recorded via mobile phone and all. Nice guitar playing! [thumbup]

I don't know anything about Kenny Wayne Shepherd, other than everyone says he's great, so I've never heard that song before. I like it! You guys sound great! Everything sounds well balanced too.... can hear each instrument well, nothing overpowering anything else. And it all sounds nice and clear. Awesome! [thumbup]

Indeed Larry, it really is a great venue and an appreciate audience. We're still finding it hard to believe we get to play there every Friday nite. Thanks for the postive comments !

cheers.

Nice job, EA! What a great venue to play. I bet you're just having a blast!

I don't know anything about Kenny Wayne Shepherd, other than everyone says he's great, so I've never heard that song before. I like it! You guys sound great! Everything sounds well balanced too.... can hear each instrument well, nothing overpowering anything else. And it all sounds nice and clear. Awesome! [thumbup]

Actually to be honest Karen the main reason for the good, balanced sound is Vlada, the Hard Rocks resident soundman. He works hard with us across the night to make sure the FOH sound is balanced and warm, which can be tricky sometimes. Thanks for the kind words, hope to have some HD video of this gig later this week.

cheers.

Thank you very much ZW !

Actually to be honest Im not a huge fan of KWS also, but I am a huge fan of that particular song. It has a great bluesy feel to it, slowed down and good vocals. When i first heard the 'unplugged' version of this track i thought, yes we need to add this to the set list !

cheers.

Nice!

I ain't a big Kenny Wayne fan but I do like that tune.

Archived