Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Thunderbird IV Bass

nick.

Alright, so basically I ordered a Gibson Thunderbird bass from my local music store (well actually it's my christmas gift.) C;

BUT, anyways I was basically brainwashed into thinking that I would be playing it sooner then a month. Well, that's not how it goes, month, and month has passed, and still no call!

So what I'm really trying to say is that Gibson does not know how to treat a customer... Seriously, I don't think they even READ their emails, I'm sorry, it's just really ridiculous that you buy that quality of an instrument, and they won't even respond to one of your emails? Like I'm confused...

I read one post, and the guy hadn't received his Thunderbird in almost a year, I REALLY, REALLY hope it comes before that, in fact, really soon for both my sake and Gibson's sake. I would feel alot more comfortable if they would at least contact me, but obviously were dealing with Gibson. I'm starting to think I should have jus got a Fender, or a Ray, but it's to late now.

Well, that's my rant. :/

• 2 months later...

I ordered a gibson thunderbird bass last September myself, from a local dealer. I live in nova scotia, I am still waiting. I have seen pictures of the flood damage of the region and to Gibson, devestating images. I have heard rumours that the the t-birds aren't even in production yet....but knowing that lives were lost in that flood....I think I can wait for a thunderbird....it will be well worth the wait.

idk, I've always been one to buy the product on the spot, if they dont have it, buy it from somewhere else (ex. Other local dealers, Online dealers, Auctions). I don't like trusting others with my money..especially if they don't know when its gonna arrive..

Dealing with the local dealership is the only way to handle this.

The local Ford doesn't have a lime green Focus, so they ordered one... one doesn't pester Ford about the lack of delivery or blame them for the poor service.

I LOVE Fred's gum analogy.

Archived