Gibson Brands Forums

What would you like to see from Epiphone?

RockRiffsRule

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We now interrupt this thread for an explanation

of a previous post.

The out of tune refers to Neil saying the bigsby

always causes it to always be permanently out of tune,

i.e.,his signature sound.

It was a joke. Now it's not funny because I had to explain

it. ](*,)

We now join our thread where it previoulsy left off.

We now interrupt this thread for an explanation

of a previous post.

The out of tune refers to Neil saying the bigsby

always causes it to always be permanently out of tune,

i.e.,his signature sound.

It was a joke. Now it's not funny because I had to explain

it. ](*,)

We now join our thread where it previoulsy left off.

I disagree... this particular post really got me laughing...

Thats a luxury guitar...no offense to Epi but it be wrong if they made a cheap version of that one...

I agree, Epiphone has NEVER been associated with fancy hand-made guitars with lots of pickups, switches, inlays, figured woods or high-quality workmanship.

EPIEMPERORZEPHYRREG-1.jpg

Just ask this guy:

lespaul_5.jpg

First, I think both Gibbie and Epi "brands" have to figure what will have sufficient appeal for a manufacturing run regardless.

If a run didn't sell fairly quickly, it's a message to the powers that be to figure something else.

As an old guy, I don't care much for "signature" models or even so much for "bling."

Epi already has a very nicely priced ES175 model I've read good things about. It shouldn't be too hard to do a one-floating-pickup with pickguard electronics on the same piece for roughly the same money.

It's time again for an update on the Dot Studio. It should have pickups with covers, probably enough of a "shiny" finish to reassure "us" it won't absorb moisture applied by accident to the outside so well.

I see Epi currently as having three roles as part of Gibbie. #1 is the less expensive versions of classics; #2 is experimental inexpensive stuff to fit the moving target of "kids current rock fad" stuff; #3 would be some variations of classics that share Epi/Gibbie traditions like the Joe Pass and some of the old Epi-Only styles both electric and acoustic.

But again, to get the best bang for the buck, whether you're doing the counting for the company or the customer, there has to be a run that can be made economically per-piece and there has to be sufficient sales demand to be sold at a perceived value point.

I s'pose Epi could make up a batch of "studio" LP bodies and paint 'em crazy for special sales, but... I'd prefer more creativity.

Also, I do think a robot Epi could sell. A two-pickup lp special or SG type of thing with robot tuners should be salable at what, $4-500?

An advantage to lotza Epi robot sales would be also to increase availability of replacement parts... <grin>

m

I agree, Epiphone has NEVER been associated with fancy hand-made guitars with lots of pickups, switches, inlays, figured woods or high-quality workmanship.

EPIEMPERORZEPHYRREG-1.jpg

Just ask this guy:

lespaul_5.jpg

That was years and years ago, show me a luxry Epi made in china in the past 5 years?

Make my day. [biggrin]

Archived