Gibson Brands Forums

EpiGAS

neilpanda

So this year my parents decided to get me a guitar(yes, they told me, 3 months away). But since theyre on a budget,

they said nothing over 650. and theres always been that epi that I wanted...

the 1956 LP Goldtop rockin them P90s. but Im stuck with a big problem...

I wanna save my parents money cause they are the ones getting me the guitar anyways

so heres the problem:

Ive found the guitar at GC and MF. I would go with gc simply for service, customer relations

and good experience with them. but mf is cheaper and has cheaper shipping for the same coverage.

and unfortunately, sweetwater doesnt carry it. I dunno, which one should I go for?

I love goldtop lp's, I also love P90s, I dont really wanna go for a regular epi

oh and not one guitar store any where near me in canada or any surround provinces carry it [cursing]

Years ago, maybe now too, car salesmen, if they got an inkling that you might buy the same brand, one town over, would say, "Yes you could buy it from those guys, but where are you going to get it serviced?" [crying][scared] The implication is your local dealership can't or won't do the service work on a car bought up the road.

Trust me, the Service Manager, doesn't much care where you bought the car. [sneaky]

Hi Beast,I'm in Canada too,did you try Long and McQuade,Steve's Music or LA Music?I don't know about L&M but I have dealt with Steve's and LA Music both with internet orders and found both gave great service especially Steve's Music,they go above and beyond what you'd expect from a dealer.Whereas MF and GC are owned by the same parent company it wouldn't matter much which one you ordered from.BTW did you ever check out the Epi Traditional Pro Les Paul?It's an absolute jewel of a guitar with a PAF sound that's so much like the original it's uncanny and it also has coil tapping that allows you to use it as a single coil or humbucker or both at once.ON top of all that the neck is really comfortable.The Trad Pro retails here for about $510 Cdn. at least that's all I paid for mine.

IMO see if you can swing an extra 49 dollars for a faded SG, those are sweet for the money.

I second the Gibson faded SG Special idea. It was my first Gibson, and I still have it.

+1... I love my faded SG!!! absolutely amazing guitar, especially for the price!!! [thumbup]

Guys - he WANTS the "1956 LP Goldtop rockin them P90s" - don't try to talk the dude out of the guitar he wants. Just help him get it!

Go with Guitar Center if that feels best. I love my SG, but you'll be diggin' the LP no doubt!

~DB

Would you consider an Epi Nighthawk? Right in the budget, single cut and I can't wait to get mine.

actually Im planning on getting it with my own money sometime soon. Ive been waiting too [biggrin]

Hi Beast,I'm in Canada too,did you try Long and McQuade,Steve's Music or LA Music?I don't know about L&M but I have dealt with Steve's and LA Music both with internet orders and found both gave great service especially Steve's Music,they go above and beyond what you'd expect from a dealer.Whereas MF and GC are owned by the same parent company it wouldn't matter much which one you ordered from.BTW did you ever check out the Epi Traditional Pro Les Paul?It's an absolute jewel of a guitar with a PAF sound that's so much like the original it's uncanny and it also has coil tapping that allows you to use it as a single coil or humbucker or both at once.ON top of all that the neck is really comfortable.The Trad Pro retails here for about $510 Cdn. at least that's all I paid for mine.

yep, looked at all and none carry it :unsure:

Guys - he WANTS the "1956 LP Goldtop rockin them P90s" - don't try to talk the dude out of the guitar he wants. Just help him get it!

Go with Guitar Center if that feels best. I love my SG, but you'll be diggin' the LP no doubt!

~DB

thanks man, nobody really seems to understand it isnt my money [thumbup]

Archived