Gibson Brands Forums

What pups are in my 2005 SG Standard cause I wanna change the bridge. Suggestions?

MonstrO

We tune down to dropped A, B, D, and C. Use quite a bit of mids in the EQ for our chunky Sabbathy/ Soundgarden Crunch. I'm looking for a shimmering clean and a great punch to go along with the mahogany SG. Debating between Duncan Pearly Gates and Duncan 59. Just swappin the bridge...playin through a Boogie Nomad 100 head, Gibson SGT 2x12/2x10 fitted with Vintage 30's closed back on bottom/ Vintage 10's open back cab on top and Marshall JCM900 Slant cab on the bottom fitted with G1275W and Vintage 30's.

Any suggestions?

i know both of those pups would be good, (i have use one of the 2 in a restoration but i can't remember which it was, i think the pearly). but i am wondering if it would not be a case of changing to something you already have? is there that much difference from what you have in there? (actually, what is it?)

i might suggest a rewire with all braided and new (or nos) paper and oil caps first, as that might be what you are seeking in improvement. doesn't mean you still can't change pups, but it is something you might want to do if you are going to.

• 2 weeks later...

490r's are in the neck and 498t's in the bridge. the 498's are really hot but sounds beautiful, just gotta lower it a bit, and be accurate, but I like em. the 490's sound great, but I like to lower the tone know on em a bit, but with the tone down they sound great as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived