Gibson Brands Forums

(HD) footage from Hard Rock cafe.

EuroAussie

So we finally got the HD footage of several tracks from last Fridays gig at the Hard Rock.

Here's a few selections ..

- Blue on Black (Kenny Wayne Shepherd)

- Patience (GnR)

Wearing the Gibson t-shirt proudly 1 :-)

All feedback and suggestion welcome as always !

thanks a lot.

M.

Good job, EA! One question about the venue... Do they supply the sound equipment and a sound guy for you guys? Or do you guys bring your own stuff and do all your own set-ups? (like I have to do!) I'm a guitar player, roadie, sound-tech, vehicle driver, and everything else we need!!!

Thank you very much Wily, but to be completely honest it really isnt that much different than playing an a comfy sofa in a coffee house. We only recently 'transitioned' from playing small bars to large venues. And ill tell you that, yes, first couple times its nerve wrecking but then once you get into it and relax you realise its no different than having a bit of a jamm with good friends or cuting a few tunes in a cafe. Its all in the mind and anybody can do it, believe me. Just takes a little adjustment to the environment .... :-)

Thank you for your support !

cheers,

M.

Great....you guys are very professional......good to see, and GREAT VENUE!!!

Hi Larry,

The Hard Rock just invested in a $100K PA system which makes us sound a lot better than what we really are ...lol. All i take with me is my SWD, my Fishman Aura Spectrum DI and a Boss EQ7 which I use to give me some more midrange when playing lead (which is very sparse). Other than that we plug straight into the house board and PA and let Vlada, the dedicated Hard Rock soundman to work the FOH sound. Its really very simple and with a 'less is more' approach. We dont use any chorus, delay and just a hint of reverb.

Thank you for your ongoing support Larry !

cheers,

M.

Good job, EA! One question about the venue... Do they supply the sound equipment and a sound guy for you guys? Or do you guys bring your own stuff and do all your own set-ups? (like I have to do!) I'm a guitar player, roadie, sound-tech, vehicle driver, and everything else we need!!!

Actually i forgot to add Larry, for the small gigs were exactly like you. We bring the same gear as for the big shows but also our Marshall AS100D amp. Depending on pub size we either use it as the only sound source if we can place the amp a bit to the side so it doesnt blast us. Tonight were playing in a pub which also has a portable PA. So we will use the Marshall as a monitor and mixer, and provide one XLR out to the PA which will be placed infront of us facing the audience.

cheers.

Archived