Gibson Brands Forums

Help Me Choose

Bunky

I need help choose between a $1700 Firebird Gibson, a $1800 Ricky 620, a $1400 Gretsch Firebird Jet, and a $2000 Country Gentleman.

I already have a Strat, Tele, and Elitist Byrdland and play through a Showman. If I did get the Gibson would ineed to get steinbergers?

I need help choose between a $1700 Firebird Gibson, a $1800 Ricky 620, a $1400 Gretsch Firebird Jet, and a $2000 Country Gentleman.

I already have a Strat, Tele, and Elitist Byrdland and play through a Showman. If I did get the Gibson would ineed to get steinbergers?

IMO, I would go with the Gretschs, the Country Gentleman is a very nice versatile guitar, but it depends on your style

All are pretty nice guitars however you are the only one who can choose. I'd say go play each one and see which one you like the most. If one speaks to you more then the others, than that is the one :)

DOUBLE POST!

but yea, it should count for me cause I second that. all we can give you is opinions.

but Id go with the firebird jet or country gentleman. both play like a charm (but thats in my hands, you might feel em differently)

I have a newly acquired Gibson 2010 Firebired V...and it already has Steinbergers!.....so no worries there...they ditched the shitty banjo tuners this year and replaced em with Stien's gearless tuners..Great guitar....very versatile and love it more and more everyday.

If it's opinions you want, I say the Firebird...I've never owned one, and will some day......Great guitars.....My second choice ?? The Ric.....The only Gretch I'd get would be pre 1967............

So I ended up putting the Ric 620 on hold, i found that it had a better clean sound along with a good OD sound too. I didn't find much redeeming about the firebird clean sound just kinda dull and didn't have a lot of character, sounded really good with OD but perhaps a slight touch harsh. Do any of you feel the same way about Firebirds? I'll still probably get one someday they look to frigging cool not to have one. :)

Archived