Gibson Brands Forums

guitar world magazine

tartanbeastie

Does anyone read guitar world magazine? Or whats your other choice of guitar mag?

I just started my subscription to said magazine and its the first guitar mag i have bought or read in years. Just want your thoughts on the literature thats out there.

Does anyone read guitar world magazine? Or whats your other choice of guitar mag?

I just started my subscription to said magazine and its the first guitar mag i have bought or read in years. Just want your thoughts on the literature thats out there.

I do. I have subscribed for a couple of years. I like the tabs in back, and the pedalboard set-ups on the last page.

I also get Guitar Player, and Premier Guitar.

Guitar Player ALL THE WAY

great detailed gear reviews, interviews with guitarists of ALL walks of life/genre, In depth LESSONS in technique and composition, Answers to tech problems.

They focus on the guys that arent necessarily belting out shred with a wall of marshalls behind them 24/7... The interviews are with accomplished and well educated musicians, from professors and teachers to coffee shop/bar regulars who do their set week after week. They are just guys like us, GEARHEADS! Its refreshing to read reviews by these guys. Recently they did amp reviews on 10 AFFORDABLE stacks. Not all their reviews are for unattainable expensive gear. Hell, they test amps out with an epiphone white wilshire Ltd Ed. guitar, rather than a 5,000 dollar guitar.

Good working class guys that are passionate about the guitar and passionate about music. Couldnt be happier with my subscription. I just wish I'd have started reading it when i first started out years ago. The advice collumns are priceless.

Thats my 2cents.

I don't even remember the titles anymore.

I subscribed to different ones over the years, but it always seemed like the ones I subscribed to sucked.

As soon as I pay for one, they run articles I wasn't the least bit interested in.

So I would see others on the news stand and buy them for a few months - then subscribe...

The circle begins anew. [cursing]

Now I just grab what has something good in it whenever I pass a stand.

Wal-Mart and Barnes & Noble bookstore are the only two I pass with any regularity.

As a consequence, I only buy a few per year now...

I really like Fretboard Journal. It's not for everyone and it doesn't have tabs or instruction but it's got the best writing and best photography of any magazine related to music and as good as nearly any magazine of any kind. Loaded with great stories about great instruments and players from across the fretted music spectrum. It also has minimum advertising. It's really great, although pretty pricey.

I used to get Guitar Player years ago. I read Vintage Guitar now.

Craig

Vintage Guitar should be free.

I think they win the content to advertising ratio.

I do enjoy the it though.

Just re upped for Guitar Player as someone mentioned 20 issues for $20 or something like that

I like the rich man poor man gear guide

I gotta say that Guitar World is my main guitar mag. I'll get Guitar Player from time to time depending if there's something in there that grabs my interest, but I don't get it regularly like Guitar World. When I get the GW, I'll flip through it quickly initially and then go back to the beginning and read it thoroughly. I like going through the DVD that comes with it too. Can pick up some great tips etc.

Archived