Gibson Brands Forums

I am P@#&d

neilpanda

So I finally had a free day to enjoy myself (they replaced the power thing in my area and I didnt have power from 10 till 3)

and I was about to go home after a pretty nice day and I decided to take a trip to the music store to try out some acoustics,

whe I got there, there was a sign that said "Filming in progress, ALL BUSINESSES OPEN AS USUAL" so I strolled along to the door

where I was approached by a lady that said they were filming and that door was closed and that the entire store was open.

so I went to the other side and used the other door, (the lame side with the band instruments and the boring employees)

and went on to the guitar section, everything seemed like normal, I didnt see any cameras, then I was approached by one of

the boring employees that I didnt know and she told me that the guitar section was closed because of filming. here's where my rampage began [flapper]

I replied, "I dont see any cameras, what are you even filming?"

she refused to tell me and said that employees could only grab stuff and that customers were not allowed in,

so proceeded with my reasoning and told her that the first woman told me the entire store was open

and that I only had to use the other door, again, I also pointed out that there were no cameras in sight.

the lady was giving me real BS so I gave her some profanity, the (I assume) head or manager of the

filming came out (Im sure it wasnt the store manager, I know him) and talked, once again I pointed out

NO CAMERAS could be seen, he explained to me that they were packing up, where I went crazy.

I asked since they were packing up why I wasnt allowed, I even said I would stay out of the

way, they simply said no, I couldnt go and that I could just come back tomorrow. at this point

I refused and just left. I plan not to go back to that store again. It used to be my favorite store ever.

Hope I didnt waste anyones time, Im just pissed right now, if I wasnt as nice as I was, I wouldve grabbed one of their cellos and smashed it.

I'll just visit the main store on the weekend, they have a better selection anyway <_<

You sound like you are a lot like me. I think I would have felt the same way as you.

Good thing you ARE nice. Because a broken cello would just have meant you having to deal with the police.

I'd never go back to the store again either. Unless it was to just tell the manager about what happened, and how they lost a good customer.

Dude your kinda overreacting, if people that work at the store dont tell you to go there, then dont go.

Just causes theres no cameras doesn't mean ****, they could be setting up or anything. Anyways if they told you that a big film thing was going on, you could go tell your friends and they could tell other people and next thing you know theres a thousand people outside the store.

Think?

If it's a major chain, contact their corporate office and file a rational, well thought out complaint about the folks being dishonest, wasting your time and giving you the run around. You never know, it could result in free or discounted gear.... that you can get from the main store.

Sorry your trip was a bummer :(

You sound like you are a lot like me. I think I would have felt the same way as you.

Good thing you ARE nice. Because a broken cello would just have meant you having to deal with the police.

I'd never go back to the store again either. Unless it was to just tell the manager about what happened, and how they lost a good customer.

yep, been going there as my main store for 2 years, not anymore

Dude your kinda overreacting, if people that work at the store dont tell you to go there, then dont go.

Just causes theres no cameras doesn't mean ****, they could be setting up or anything. Anyways if they told you that a big film thing was going on, you could go tell your friends and they could tell other people and next thing you know theres a thousand people outside the store.

Think?

no. its that fact that there was no initial warnings or info that the store would be closed, there was a sign that said the store was open as usual,

and a person who confirmed that the entire store was open, I went inside and the only people actually inside the guitar section were

the employees that work in the guitar section standing there, the rest of the film crew were by the exit. then came along the problem

and I pointed out that nobody was actually doing anything. I was there for 10 minutes, the most they did in that time was dealing with me.

and that only took 1 of the several people who actually went back and sent a different person to deal with me. so they had their main

person with them, they had several workers on hand, yet nobody was doing anything but moving stuff out. if they were packing up, I see no reason to not

allow anyone from entry.

Any store that p___es me off won't get another nickel.

I went to Sears last weekend to get some socks. No big purchase I know, but Sears has really GOOD socks and I'd rather pay $4 a pair there than a bag of garbage tube socks that only last a month from some other store just because they're cheaper.

Signs all over the place, "All men's hosiery, buy one package at the regular price, 50% off the second package".

I didn't have my dictionary with me but I'm pretty sure I know what ALL means.

$12/pkg x 1.5 = $18 + tax.

I took two packages to the counter and little Tootsie with the nose ring rang them up, $25.20. I questioned that total and Tootsie II (also with nose ring) went to verify. Immediately the phone rang behind the counter and Tootsie I spoke in muffled tones. A minute later Leona Helmsley came by to see what the issue was (I'm sure she had been watching from her lair via camera).

Nope, that price only applies to the third row from the top, and only the ones made in Mexico and in mixed packages of mustard and taupe.

Why did all the signs say.....?

Leona tugged the wrinkles out of her blazer and said "It's not our fault, it's corporate".

Whatever.

Went to Lowe's right afterwards to get some dumb little stuff. I was greeted by smiles, chit chat, really REALLY nice people.

I wish they sold socks.

If it's a major chain, contact their corporate office and file a rational, well thought out complaint about the folks being dishonest, wasting your time and giving you the run around. You never know, it could result in free or discounted gear.... that you can get from the main store.

Sorry your trip was a bummer :(

thanks chanman. I was having a good day too, and I was planning on checking out a potential guitar :unsure:

Things have to make sense to me.

When they don't in a retail establishment (where they want MY money) I'll always ask why.

When "Tiffany Sluttichick" (according to her name tag) has no answers, I don't even bother with her.

I ALWAYS ask for a manager - politely of course.

This is a test.

If they don't have a manager available, or the manager is dumber than a box of rocks - I'm done.

I will not be back.

The only Sears on the SW side of the Phoenix metro area is on 75th Ave north of I-10.

It's ghetto as hell.

Everything in the tool department is locked up or chained down - and parts are STILL missing...

I went to Sears last weekend to get some socks. No big purchase I know, but Sears has really GOOD socks and I'd rather pay $4 a pair there than a bag of garbage tube socks that only last a month from some other store just because they're cheaper.

Signs all over the place, "All men's hosiery, buy one package at the regular price, 50% off the second package".

I took two packages to the counter and little Tootsie with the nose ring rang them up, $25.20. I questioned that total and Tootsie II (also with nose ring) went to verify. Immediately the phone rang behind the counter and Tootsie I spoke in muffled tones. A minute later Leona Helmsley came by to see what the issue was (I'm sure she had been watching from her lair via camera).

Nope, that price only applies to the third row from the top, and only the ones made in Mexico and in mixed packages of mustard and taupe.

Leona tugged the wrinkles out of her blazer and said "It's not our fault, it's corporate".

Whatever.

Went to Lowe's right afterwards to get some dumb little stuff. I was greeted by smiles, chit chat, really REALLY nice people.

I wish they sold socks.

You should have told them it said ALL if they refused tell them never mind and leave.

You could have gone back another time just to make a point

Things have to make sense to me.

When they don't in a retail establishment (where they want MY money) I'll always ask why.

When "Tiffany Sluttichick" (according to her name tag) has no answers, I don't even bother with her.

I ALWAYS ask for a manager - politely of course.

This is a test.

If they don't have a manager available, or the manager is dumber than a box of rocks - I'm done.

I will not be back.

The only Sears on the SW side of the Phoenix metro area is on 75th Ave north of I-10.

It's ghetto as hell.

Everything in the tool department is locked up or chained down - and parts are STILL missing...

wow. that sounds like a rough store.

I wont be coming back to that store, unless I absolutely need to and it is urgent.

I might drop by to say hi to the lesson center, I learned pretty much everything

there. I dont have a problem with them. Im just glad the guys I know and like

werent working at the time. but Im still not going back to the store

Daughter of 2 children told us Baby's R Us is having a sale. Bring in one old baby item, bassinet, stroller, car seat, whatever, get 25% off any item.

So... this past Sunday, we took an old baby carrier, suitable for strapping to a car seat, with an expired expiration date. Yes I said expiration date. For those of you who have been out of the baby item market for more than 10 years all baby carriers, car seats, strollers, high chairs have expiration dates. Seems they've all been Walmartized out of plastic which self destructs after a few years and using an expired one to carry a child is ... I think illegal. Probably is because that is what the hospital MUST do to allow you to take your baby home. The hospital must make sure you have the proper child protection seat properly installed in the car and that it hasn't expired before you can take baby home. But I digress.

Having acquired the 25% off coupon for our old baby carrier, we proceed to the car seats. We determined we needed a booster seat. Mind you me and the missus are emptynesters and we keep car seats so that when we baby-sit, which sometimes involves transporting the grandkids. Therefore, we need the seats. Getting these suckers is a real bee otch, to install and un-install, so we keep a selection of seats in our own inventory so our kids don't have to remove theirs.

The one we wanted was displayed, but another woman has taken it off the display rack. The space assigned for the boxed up versions is empty. She has already summoned a helper. She intended to buy the display model if they didn't have any in back. The CSR checks his inventory, "We have a bunch, I'll bring you one." "Bring two, I say, we want one too." Some time later he brings out two, just two. Does he bring out a couple more to fill the hole on the shelf? No. :rolleyes:

"Great we're out in less than 10 minutes, let's check out, I say,"

Oops.. "Clearance Buy One $2 Get One" the sign says on the rack with hangered up children's outfits. My wife cannot pass up a great deal on kids clothes, I mean it isn't our responsibility, but for this price, surely our daughter and daughter-in-law would appreciate some cheap duds for their kids. I mean, Easter IS coming. [smile]

My wife spent 20 minutes finding at least 20 outfits. We get to the check-out. $25 for the booster seat, less 25%, plus 20 outfits for $1 each. Sweet! Out of here for less than 50 bucks.

"Do you want a frequent saver card?" the check out gal asks. "No, thanks," I say. "But you can save $21.00 today if you sign up." "Well," I say.. "Just fill out the form with name, address, phone and email address." "I don't have an email." "What? [scared] " she says, "Well you HAVE to have an email to get the coupon and future discounts." "No thanks then." She confided she didn't have an email address either. Apparently internet service wasn't in a big box store checker's budget.

"126.50" says the check-out gal. "What?," my wife and I say in unison, "The are $2 each, buy one get one."

"Oh that's buy one at regular price, get one for $2," says the check-out gal. [cursing] "That's what they told us in the meeting this morning."

"Skip the duds, we'll just take the booster seat." Then my wife offers to put them back. "NO, I said, let the manager ask why all them clothes is going back."

Apparently "ALL" and "Buy one $2, get one" is some kind of 'corporate Engrish.'

Nope, I ain't going to Babys R Us any time soon.

As you can see I currently am a bit shaggy and scruffy at the moment but also happen to make some pretty good dough at my job and have no children. Anytime I go to make a large purchase I take cash just for the times i get to wave the cash at them as I tell them to kiss my arse as I'm walking out the door because they didn't want to take the time to help me out or answer a question.

I should probably be getting back to y respectable corporate look sometime soon but not yet dang it!

I'd go back at least once to the store to explain what happened and how you were treated. So many times in todays world some corporate decision is made that screws over the customers as well as employee's in a local store, your guys you deal with all the time might have been just as screwed over as you were and they might be able to hook you up with a good discount on one of those acoustics if that's what happened.

My girl was working in a store a few years back and they were filming a commercial in a similar type of situation they made the employees sit in the break room for three hours while they filmed the commercial just in case they needed them. Guess about half way through they grabbed her and told her to get a long sleeve shirt (she has a sleeve of tattoo's on her arm that I guess was too much) and they told her they were going to film her checking stuff out, but that they were not going to show her face, so that meant they didn't have to pay her for the advertisement. I asked her why she even did it and she said she thought it was funny and anytime the add was on I guess she could tell everybody that was her chest they were showing. She is a little rock and roller and she has a wicked sarcastic sense of humor so much so that she got a screenshot of the add and says she's gonna use it on a resume if her boobs ever need a job.

Great story retro! I run away at the first hint of a camera, well mostly reporters. I did some interviews on some local and national radio shows after the shuttle accident. This lead to WAY too many phone calls from all sorts of columnists. Many of them had an agenda and wanted me to trash NASA, which I refused to do. Now I just run away.

As far as the incident in the music store, I can certainly understand your point. But if it were me, I would have just walked away. At this point of my life I need to choose my battles. Some are best just left by the wayside. I'm not saying you were wrong. Just try to relax and don't let it bug you. Getting your frustrations out on this forum is a good way to relieve your heated emotions, so certainly feel free to rant here. Sometimes I do choose to fight the battle by writing a letter. But I always let it sit for a few days before sending it, because I almost always change it after I've calmed down.

Whatever.

I wish they sold socks.

I used to work for sears and we had to pay what was advertised and I believe that is (was) a law - could be viewed as false advertising.

Beast,

I don't blame you for being pissed...

One of my pet peeves is auto parts stores...I have been standing at the cash register with money in hand, people in line behind me, money also in hand..waiting and waiting....while three employees answer phone calls and look for parts in books....drives me nuts!!!!!!!

*sigh* Im glad you're all with me on this one (with the exception of dem00n)

but at least you guys all at least got to browse through merchandise before.

I didnt even get within 30 feet of one guitar at the store today. [crying]

I guess that visit to the big store on saturday will really be worth it. :-k

The worst retail experience I've ever heard involved my cousin about 15 years ago. She was pregnant with her first child and she went with her husband to Mothercare and spent a few hundred pounds on buggies, clothes etc. Tragically the baby was stillborn. When they took the stuff back, the store refused to refund them until they saw a death certificate.

No joke.

I used to work for sears and we had to pay what was advertised and I believe that is (was) a law - could be viewed as false advertising.

I thought about that, but after reviewing the sign I figured it could be interpreted in one of several ways depending on where you placed punctuation, had they used punctuation. If it weren't half past lunch time and my tummy growling and me worrying about my wife's blood sugar, I'd have called the manager and held his feet to the fire, if only to make a spectacle of myself and their yellow advertising.

Archived