Gibson Brands Forums

1946 Gibson L-50

losjamie

Hello. I recently bought a 1946 Gibson L-50 acoustic archtop that came with a cheap cardboard case. Does anybody know who would make a hardshell case that would fit it? My local stores dont have anything in stock that it fits in, and I didnt want to order something online without knowing for sure. Thanks for the help.

Contact TKL Case at info@tkl.com. Tell them what you have and and ask them what cases they make to fit it. They should give you a few model numbers (good, better, best), and then you can shop the on-line dealers for the specific manufacturers model number (TKL does not sell direct).

I recently did this for a new case for my 1947 L-7, and got a great case at a good price and a perfect fit.

Contact TKL Case at info@tkl.com. Tell them what you have and and ask them what cases they make to fit it. They should give you a few model numbers (good, better, best), and then you can shop the on-line dealers for the specific manufacturers model number (TKL does not sell direct).

I recently did this for a new case for my 1947 L-7, and got a great case at a good price and a perfect fit.

Larry, did you give them dimensions and such, or did they have the specs on your guitar????

Larry, did you give them dimensions and such, or did they have the specs on your guitar????

They have the specs for most Gibsons since they make the cases for the new ones. It's always a good idea to have your specific dimensions handy for an older, or discontinued model. The best bet is to know the model name/number for a current issue Gibson that is the same size, for that is what they're making. In my case (pun intended), for my L-7, I asked for their case model numbers for an L-5, since it is exactly the same size.

Archived