Gibson Brands Forums

epiphone valve special

gta05

Hi everyone, i have the opportunity to buy an Epiphone Valve Special tube Class A, haut 10” speaker replace by Celeston G10 Vintage. Is it a good amp? If i mostly play blues will it be ok? The price is $200. Only the Cesleton speaker worth $100.

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone, i have the opportunity to buy an Epiphone Valve Special tube Class A, haut 10” speaker replace by Celeston G10 Vintage. Is it a good amp? If i mostly play blues will it be ok? The price is $200. Only the Cesleton speaker worth $100.

This thread is a bit old now & you have probably picked up that amp or something else but it looks like nobody bothered to give you a reply, so for what it is worth you cant go wrong with a valve special especially for blues they are a great little amp & that speaker will make it sing.

• 3 weeks later...

Please find attached its specs, which could be of use maybe.

Epiphone Valve Special DSP

The Epiphone Valve Special is designed to provide Class A, true vintage tone reminiscent of classic low-wattage amplification of the 50's. Its

engineering philosophies represent a great deal of commitment to providing high quality and ease of operation while maintaining flexibility

in tone. Similar to the Epiphone Valve Junior, the Valve Special maintains a simple overall architecture inspired by classic amplifier design and

crafting but is further enhanced by modern Digital Signal Processing through 16 preset DSP selections and a separate Digital Reverb control.

In addition to its DSP selections, a three band EQ and Master Volume Control provide extended tonal flexibility.

Input: (1) ¼" Jack

Controls: Volume, Master Volume, EQ (3 Band), DSP Mute, DSP Selector, Digital Reverb Level, On/Off, Standby

Equalization: Treble, Middle and Bass Controls

Wattage: 5 Watt, Class A

Speaker: Special Design, 10", 8 Ohms

Tubes: Preamp (2) 12AX7; Power (1) EL84

DSP Mute Switch=

DSP: Rotary Selector Knob with 16 DSP Selections and By Pass Switch.

Reverb: Rotary Knob for Digital Reverb Level Control

Kind regards,

Stijn

Archived