Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Dusk Tiger vs Supreme

GoNGaXiNHuO

Hi

First of all, I'm not english (Portuguese), so my English is not perfect :)

And I know that Supreme is better than Dusk Tiger, but there's a difference of 1000$ into both guitars ;)

This is it. My mum's going to buy me an electric guitar. And I don't know wich guitar choice.

I loved Supreme's design. It's really awesome, but Dusk Tiger has Robot functions such as Robot Tuners (which gives me quite like because I'm always changing the Tuning between Standard Tuning and 1/2 step down) and Chameleon Tuners, because I like to play Blues (ES-335 tone) and also has Strat and Tele mode. But I don't like Dusk Tiger's design as Supreme's design :S

What do you advise me?

What do you mean by you don't like the Dusk Tiger's design? They're all Les Pauls and they all have the same basic design.

Personally, I don't like either of those guitars but it seems you've already answered your own question by saying you like the robotic tuners and tonal capabilities of the Dusk Tiger.

Just curios - what made you choose those two Les Pauls?

Hi

First of all, I'm not english (Portuguese), so my English is not perfect :)

And I know that Supreme is better than Dusk Tiger, but there's a difference of 1000$ into both guitars ;)

This is it. My mum's going to buy me an electric guitar. And I don't know wich guitar choice.

I loved Supreme's design. It's really awesome, but Dusk Tiger has Robot functions such as Robot Tuners (which gives me quite like because I'm always changing the Tuning between Standard Tuning and 1/2 step down) and Chameleon Tuners, because I like to play Blues (ES-335 tone) and also has Strat and Tele mode. But I don't like Dusk Tiger's design as Supreme's design :S

What do you advise me?

Bem Vindo ao Forum.

To begin with, make sure you go to an authorized dealer in order to buy either one of those guitars.

To be honest, I don't recall there being either one of those in Portugal, but if you've found them good for you.

The Supreme, although a very nice guitar, is a bit more expensive than, say, a LP Standard.

You can almost buy one LP Standard and a Traditional and then you can have one in standard tuning and another 1/2 step down.

In any case, try to play them before you buy and make sure that it is an authorized dealer that you are buying either one from.

What do you mean by you don't like the Dusk Tiger's design? They're all Les Pauls and they all have the same basic design.

Personally, I don't like either of those guitars but it seems you've already answered your own question by saying you like the robotic tuners and tonal capabilities of the Dusk Tiger.

Just curios - what made you choose those two Les Pauls?

No. Try to find the differences:

e47a3e24-4708-4d73-9a1c-2afce311ed76.jpg

LPSUHSGH1-Finish-Shot-jpg.aspx?KeepThis=true&TB_iframe=true&height=410&width=1000

About what made me choose those models:

I played in a Dark Fire and in a 2010 Standard and I like the Chameleon Tone (and of course the robot tuners), and as Dusk Tiger was the last Robot version, it should be the best (I think).

About the Supreme, I've seen the Les Paul Traditional and the Standard 2008 too, but I think that Supreme is a better guitar than both.

Are either models even still available?

I think yeah :S

Bem Vindo ao Forum.

To begin with, make sure you go to an authorized dealer in order to buy either one of those guitars.

To be honest, I don't recall there being either one of those in Portugal, but if you've found them good for you.

The Supreme, although a very nice guitar, is a bit more expensive than, say, a LP Standard.

You can almost buy one LP Standard and a Traditional and then you can have one in standard tuning and another 1/2 step down.

In any case, try to play them before you buy and make sure that it is an authorized dealer that you are buying either one from.

I've found both guitars here in Portugal ;)

But an LP Standard plus an LP Traditional costs 7500$. Instead of that I'd buy a "50th Anniversary 1960 Les Paul Custom ‘Black Beauty’"

Where have you seen them?

I'm a bit curious now... [smile]

By the way, a Gibson Les Paul Standard costs 2000 euros and a Les Paul Traditional stars at 1700 euros.

Not exactly 7500 dollars...

Really? oO'

So, why does the site says that LP Standard costs 3899 and LP Traditional costs 3449 ?

The store where I see those models is "Faminho" ;)

BUT CAN YOU JUST ANSWER MY QUESTION? :D

LP Supreme, Dusk Tiger, LP Custom and LP Plain Top VOS 1958

All of them will serve you well.

It will come down to personal preference.

If they have them all available, play them and figure out which one is best for you.

However, just one note.

They are all pretty much the same guitar.

Maybe some difference in pickups but I really wonder whether anyone of them is really any better than a Standard or a Traditional.

So it is up to you.

Again, make sure that the store is a Gibson authorized dealer.

From their website, I'd say they are not but I could be wrong.

Secondly, there are cheaper places.

I would seriously consider ordering from Thomann because the guitars aren't as expensive.

But whatever your choice, you'll be well served.

On a personal note, I wouldn't go for the Dusk Tiger or the Supreme.

I'd rather have a VOS (57, 58 or 59) or a Custom.

But I'd probably only buy a Traditional [smile]

Good luck on your purchase.

Don't forget to post pictures when you do.

I always bought my guitars (classics and electrics) at that store, and I see a lot of people buying there Gibsons. The past month a friend bought there a LP Robot I

But I'll see.

I'm giving up from Dusk Tiger and Supreme, because I don't think that I need a robot guitar. I can easyly tune one and I don't have a Firewire port. And the Supreme costs the same that 1958 VOS and one is USA and the other is Custom

Now my doubt is between LP Custom and 1958 VOS. I was seeing, and LP Traditional is quiet like the 1958 VOS, but is USA instead of 1958 VOS that is Gibson Custom. Does the difference compensates?

And between LP Custom and 1958 VOS?

Every guitar is different.

You may find a Traditional that is better than a VOS.

I only played one VOS (a gorgeous R7 goldtop) that was better than my Standard.

The remainder were not, at least I prefered the neck on mine as well as the overall resonance.

That R7 VOS though was something else.

But the remainder of R8 or R9 VOS that I have played did not convince me.

Only one R9 came close to my Standard.

You'll have to play them until you find the one that suits you and that speaks to you.

Maybe you'll see that the Traditional is all you need but maybe the R8 that you are looking at is THE THING [smile]

It is all down to you.

Let us know your decision and then post some pics for us.

Archived