Gibson Brands Forums

$599 Les Paul Junior at Guitar Center

truetone6

So...is this a new model? Or is it modded? [confused] I love it! HNGD! [thumbup]

Yes,this is a new model.I think it is a GC exclusive. They are $599 today and tommorrow at GC.

It has a matt finish,not faded

101_1771-1.jpg

I copied these gut shots from another forum

The pickup is a modern Gibson pickup,maybe a 498 T ?

LPJH57.jpg

It has a push pull coil tap on the tone control. The single coil sound is really good.

Pots.jpg

neck is 60's profile?

101_1777.jpg

fretboard is torrefied maple?

101_1756-1.jpg

Comes with the nice padded Gibson gigbag. Not the crappy one that came with the '50 Tribute

101_1772.jpg

Went to my local GC to play a 60's tribute and saw this as I entered the store. The 60's tribute was a worn black. This played SO MUCH better than the 60's tribute, even unplugged. The headstock reads "Les Paul Model" not "Les Paul Junior". They had a yellow and sunburst. I personally liked the burst better. I am going to think on it and maybe head over after work tomorrow.

hello folks, im new here, my GC rep called me on Friday and i checked them out, very cool guitar.

now ive slept on it all weekend, its kind of calling my name.

no specs not on website, none on ebay-i was thinking of getting 2 but i dont wanna just break even on it, after fees..

here is the pic, he said it was a GC exclusive only for this weekend, i dont know how true that is, but here is both

(sorry for the rough pic, taken from my Cliq):

2011-02-18123010_Dallas_Texas_US.jpg

hello folks, im new here, my GC rep called me on Friday and i checked them out, very cool guitar.

now ive slept on it all weekend, its kind of calling my name.

no specs not on website, none on ebay-i was thinking of getting 2 but i dont wanna just break even on it, after fees..

here is the pic, he said it was a GC exclusive only for this weekend, i dont know how true that is

It's true someone posted this email from Gibson on another forum:

"Thanks for the email, and congrats on your new guitar!! The serial number is consistent with a Les Paul Junior w/humbucker model in Satin Vintage Sunburst finish, made on the 5th day of 2011 in Nashville, TN. This is not a standard production model(this is why it is not on the website), but is available as a Dealer Exclusive piece at www.guitarcenter.com and www.musiciansfriend.com . The pickup is a Gibson 498T. Thanks again, and I hope this helps!"

Went to my local GC to play a 60's tribute and saw this as I entered the store. The 60's tribute was a worn black. This played SO MUCH better than the 60's tribute, even unplugged. The headstock reads "Les Paul Model" not "Les Paul Junior". They had a yellow and sunburst. I personally liked the burst better. I am going to think on it and maybe head over after work tomorrow.

Went back to GC and played the junior. It played great and was a steal for $599. They were also going to let me use the 15% off President's Day coupon. Right when I was going to pull the trigger the sales person showed me another 60's tribute they just got in today, this one in honeyburst. It played and looked so much nicer than the ebony I played yesterday. They let me use the 15% off coupon and I didn't want the crappy gig bag so the guitar only ran me $692 before taxes. I just couldn't pass it up! Terrible iphone pic attached!

Went back to GC and played the junior. It played great and was a steal for $599. They were also going to let me use the 15% off President's Day coupon. Right when I was going to pull the trigger the sales person showed me another 60's tribute they just got in today, this one in honeyburst. It played and looked so much nicer than the ebony I played yesterday. They let me use the 15% off coupon and I didn't want the crappy gig bag so the guitar only ran me $692 before taxes. I just couldn't pass it up! Terrible iphone pic attached!

So,can you use the 15% off coupon at GC for this guitar? Some people said they could and others said they couldn't :unsure:

Which Guitar Center did you buy yours at?

Which Guitar Center did you buy yours at?

Broad St. In Richmond, VA. I must say for all of the issued with Guitar Center that I read about in the boards I see NONE of that in Richmond. The sales person was great! I didn't have my coupon with me so he even let me access my email from their computer to get the coupon code that was emailed to me. Got a great guitar at a great price. If you are ever in Virginia it is worth the trip down Broad St. to Guitar Center. Sam Ash is right next door.

Broad St. In Richmond, VA. I must say for all of the issued with Guitar Center that I read about in the boards I see NONE of that in Richmond. The sales person was great! I didn't have my coupon with me so he even let me access my email from their computer to get the coupon code that was emailed to me. Got a great guitar at a great price. If you are ever in Virginia it is worth the trip down Broad St. to Guitar Center. Sam Ash is right next door.

Cool thanks! I went to my GC and they gave me a $97 refund with the coupon.

I too bought a yellow Les Paul jr a few days ago. I was really upset that I wasn't allowed to use my 15% off coupon for this. Thanks to this forum, I spoke with a store manager, and he confirmed that corporate offices told them to NOT accept coupons because the $599 price was already discounted for Presidents Day weekend. BUT, since I complained and mentioned that other stores were taking the coupon, he refunded me 15%...$97!!!! By the way, now that the sale is over, the left overs are now selling for $699. Still a good deal.

I too bought a yellow Les Paul jr a few days ago. I was really upset that I wasn't allowed to use my 15% off coupon for this. Thanks to this forum, I spoke with a store manager, and he confirmed that corporate offices told them to NOT accept coupons because the $599 price was already discounted for Presidents Day weekend. BUT, since I complained and mentioned that other stores were taking the coupon, he refunded me 15%...$97!!!! By the way, now that the sale is over, the left overs are now selling for $699. Still a good deal.

That's awesome!

FYI: Guitar Center has a $100 off(over $499)coupon and $200 off(over $999)coupon this for this weekend.

Also if anyone want's a Gibson Thinline case you can find some here (Link)

Check out Rick Nielson's "K.Y Special" !

rn_amp_YKYLI_57-1-1.jpg

Archived