Gibson Brands Forums

Bridge Pin Sizes

jodyt

Hello, I hope this is the right place to ask this question. I have a Songwriter Deluxe Ovangkol made in 2008. I am wanting to get some bone bridge pins for it, but I cannot find any information about what the correct size is for this model. I would measure it myself, but I do not have a caliper anywhere near. Just thought I would see if anyone around here might know. Thanks for the help.

Yep, Karen is right! 2A. If you're planning on ordering from Bob Colosi, there's an illustration on his website showing exactly how to measure your pins. Most Gibbys are 2A, but I have seen some with different sizes. So it's very important to make sure you're getting the right size.

Colosi is one of the places I am looking at. Also looked at Maurysmusic, which was saying something about Gibsons from 95 through 09 using size 1.3 (http://www.maurysmusic.com/fossilized_walrus_ivory_bridge_pin_sizes). So I was not totally sure about what the right size is. I don't have a caliper handy so measuring is not much of an option right now. Thanks for the help.

Archived