Gibson Brands Forums

A comment about Epiphone's commitment to quality

crust

RaSTuS, when I see a private party selling an OBVIOUS fake, I'll send him a message to let him know. Hopefully he'll take it down. If I see someone selling a dozen fakes 'direct from the factory', I'll report him to ebay and to Gibson. Everyone works hard for their money and no one deserves to be ripped off. Many people who buy fakes never even know it and just end up thinking that Epis are crap guitars based on the piece of crap they bought.

What can I say, I hate to see people get ripped off.

Look, it just seems we misunderstood each others original posts, at the time another member was dogging me and several other members and I was under the impression you were supporting him to hound us. Once you explained fully, your intentions and MO in reporting these low-lives, I pretty much agree with your actions, given how you've explained those methods more fully.

We still disagree on the customer's role in this, so I say lets just agree to disagree on this point and move on.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, RaSTuS. I hate having arguments on a board, especially with someone who's posts I enjoy reading as much as I do yours!

Back on topic...

I have three Epis, a Qingdao MiC '08 Ebony Standard, a Saen MiK '04 Vintage Faded Brown SG and my recent acquisition, an Unsung MiK Ultra II. All three of them are beautifully made and play and sound great. Of the three, my friends like the Vintage the best - to the point of arguing over who will get it if I ever decide to sell her. Last week I picked up another Vintage, like my own with the neck binding, that I was lucky enough to come across. I got it for a buddy and now I have one less person after mine. LOL. This one is an '05 Unsung, also very well made, with some minor differences to my own.

So far all my experiences with Epiphone guitars have been good ones. Perhaps this is due to all of them being purchased used and coming from good original owners who took care of them and set them up well.

Archived