Gibson Brands Forums

"Guess what amp gsgbass is using now!!!"

MrNylon

I'm picking up my Ampeg today. It was a bit of a tough choice between the Marshall and the Ampeg. The Ampeg's overall tone was more to my liking, and it has a total HF horn control. Casters help a bit too.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This guy may be going back Tues. I've had this model before. Something doesn't sound right with this one. I'm going to compare it with a Hartke and see how it plays out. You may be seeing a Hartke in place of the Ampeg in my avatar tomorrow. I really did expect more from the Ampeg, having used them before.

This guy may be going back Tues. I've had this model before. Something doesn't sound right with this one. I'm going to compare it with a Hartke and see how it plays out. you may be seeing a Hartke in place of the Ampeg in my avatar tomorrow.

And bass players make fun of guitarists as tone seekers [flapper]

I'm just razzin ya, get whats good man [thumbup]

My issue with the Ampeg is it's limitations. It does what it does well but it really only does one thing well. I need a little more range than than. Currently I use a Eden made 250w Nemesis. It's a great amp but I want the Mark Bass.

And bass players make fun of guitarists as tone seekers [flapper]

I'm just razzin ya, get whats good man [thumbup]

Fred, you're closer to the truth than you think. A good bass player is going to be somewhat picky about his sound. To a bass player, they don't want to hear a crappy sound doing a run on a break. You still getting hassled?

You are keeping your Marshalls I hope ???????? [confused]

The Marshall fan motor kept giving me fits. Revving up, getting loud. The third head doing this was a bit much. Adios, Marshall MB4210. Howdy, Hartke HyDrive 5410C. It's really a decent amp. 500 watts @4 ohms. Neodymium speakers, and casters. Simple settings that work.

Fred, you're closer to the truth than you think. A good bass player is going to be somewhat picky about his sound. To a bass player, they don't want to hear a crappy sound doing a run on a break. You still getting hassled?

Hahaha, I know, I know. Its just that most bass players stick with their sound once they find it.

Hahaha, I know, I know. Its just that most bass players stick with their sound once they find it.

Staying with your sound is one thing. Getting the head to work the way it should is some thing else. After three heads, that's enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!! Nice bass too...........[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] ..........

Thanks; The two play well together. It's nice having it all in one package.

G&L makes amazing stuff, not going to lie. I am gassing bad for one of their Teles...

I was in the local shop where I ordered and got the G&L SB-2, (MIA), from, when i guy came in and began to play the G&L (MIA), of their Tele. He was running it through a Blackstar. it sounded great. He was going to order one , but liked the hell out of one of the ones they had in stock. He bought it and took it home. I really can't find fault with any of the G&L i've seen. The Tribute G&L line is good too. (made in Indonesia). My SB-2 took 2.5 months to make up, to my specs. The way I have it cost only $40. more than a Fender American Std. Jazz. And I've got both P and J pups, with a J neck, (type of neck, fret board and board size I chose), on a P body with select Alder wood. That maybe doesn't mean much to a 6 stringer, but for a bass that's damn good.

The bass player in my band got REALLY serious GAS for Ampeg...so now he has SVT VR 300w and SVT AV 300w heads and four SVT Classic 8x10" cabinets...now we have troubles to fit ourself in to our rehearsal room...it is loaded by huge bass wall ;(

Gsgbass:

You don't like Fender bass amps?

I wish they still made the old bassman silverfaces like in the late '60's.

I don't like the Fender Rumble 350 amp I have used. Too boomy.

You look like you need some serious power there with your rigs though.

Archived