Gibson Brands Forums

J-45 Strings from Factory

All,

I am currently waiting on delivery of a new J-45 this week, and I am wondering (as Gibson doesn't list it) if anyone knows what type of string Gibson generally ships these with, as well as what gauge of string they typically recommend - lights, mediums, etc?

Thanks in advance for any info.

Jim

MB12'S i thonk

All,

I am currently waiting on delivery of a new J-45 this week, and I am wondering (as Gibson doesn't list it) if anyone knows what type of string Gibson generally ships these with, as well as what gauge of string they typically recommend - lights, mediums, etc?

Jim

All,

Jim

Jim,

I got mine in October and the dealer told me it was Gibson strings at 12 gauge. I lasted a few days with them then changed to my beloved Elixir Phosphor Bronzes. The action comes quite high. I altered the saddle to lower action and put on 11's as that's my preference (small fingers unfortunately). You're getting a great guitar. I can't put it down.

Cheers.

All,

Jim

Gibson Masterbuilt Phosphor Bronze 12's.

They are excellent strings.

Red 333

Thanks everybody - it's nice to know that starting point when you first get your guitar, in case you decide "that" is the sound you want to continue to get out of it. I generally use Elixir or EJs, but we'll see what kind of sound these make before I just go switching them out.

Jim