Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GibSinCity

Traditional Pro Honeyburst w/50's Neck

Today I saw a Trad. Pro in Honeyburst w/50's neck at GC. -$1,999.99

So be on the look-out if the 60's neck was the deal breaker.

Looked kinda like this Standard Faded, only with a plain top.

!CB2dckQ!mk~$(KGrHqYOKkIE0YDfEyuyBNJNDJCMNQ~~_1.JPG?set_id=8800005007

Penitence is something that enervates our spirit, causing a greater loss than loss itself and making a bigger mistake than mistake itself, so never regret.

That's the second time I've seen you make the same post. What kind of BS is this? I smell a troll.

Just bought one! It's frickin' awsome! First Gibby too, I've waited 25 years for this axe. I have two epi lp's and although the slash tobacco burst comes close, there is truly "Nothing like a Gibson"

Just bought one! It's frickin' awsome! First Gibby too, I've waited 25 years for this axe. I have two epi lp's and although the slash tobacco burst comes close, there is truly "Nothing like a Gibson"

Congrats! The rule is "we want pictures!"

i'd love a tobacco burst but left handers cant be choosers, I only had the choice of goldtop or ebony

I just bought one today at GC. These bodies are solid like the LP standard. No weight reliefs. One can check out the spics on the Guitar Center web site, you will have to look under their platinum guitar sections. It's a really a nice LP.

Antiochdave -

I just bought one today at GC. These bodies are solid like the LP standard. No weight reliefs. One can check out the spics on the Guitar Center web site, you will have to look under their platinum guitar sections. It's a really a nice LP.

Antiochdave -

These and the standard are weight relieved (the 9 holes), however they are not chambered. The weight relieved models are still referred to as solid.

The Murrieta, CA GC has one, pretty nice.

yeah due to mahogany being generally denser than the original 1950's les paul all the les pauls have weight releif holes. chambered les pauls like the '08 standard just feel too light

These and the standard are weight relieved (the 9 holes), however they are not chambered. The weight relieved models are still referred to as solid.

The Murrieta, CA GC has one, pretty nice.

My bad, thanks for the info -

I just got one too for my Birthday earlier this month. It is every bit as great sounding as the 58 VOS I previously had. I actually like this one better because of the modern features (coil split, locking tuners, etc)

I just got one too for my Birthday earlier this month. It is every bit as great sounding as the 58 VOS I previously had. I actually like this one better because of the modern features (coil split, locking tuners, etc)

Congrats on the new guitar! I agree on the VOS, played that one too. But I couldn't be happier with this guitar. I love the coil splitting, and tuners as well. Wouldn't say it sounds like a strat or Tele as some people say though,but I didn't buy a les Paul to sound like that either. Have fun with it!