Gibson Brands Forums

My G String is not tuning...

PedroDAmasceno

All my strings are tunig normal, but my G string just flashing the G led on the MCK but is do not move or tunig, so i have to unlock and tune it manually...and it was good the last time, now nothing...what should i do? Thanks.

When i play only the G string, on the MCK the G stays Red and Yellow flashing...

Please, HELP.

Please describe exactly what is happening! What color is the G LED when it flashes? Do you hear the tuner motor turning or is it silent?

1) All the strings, except the G, tune altomatialy, the G Tuner do not moves, and no song of Tuner Motor Turning, just silent.

2) The G LED keeps flashing Yellow when i play it (i think that it means that the command was sent to that black plastic on the headstock) .

3) That black plastic on the headstock has a Green LED...when i play a string it gets BLUE and tune the string...When i play the G string, the LED of the black plastic gets BLUE too (i think that it means that he received the order)but nothing happens, and the Tuner stays stoped.

4) I think that the Black Plastic receive the order, but don't pass it to the Tunner...i twisted the tunner, to put it right in the right place as i saw on other topics, but it does not work.

5) I am afraid of the Black Plastic be the Problem, cause if yes, my robot is dead...

All my strings are tunig normal, but my G string just flashing the G led on the MCK but is do not move or tunig, so i have to unlock and tune it manually...and it was good the last time, now nothing...what should i do? Thanks.

When i play only the G string, on the MCK the G stays Red and Yellow flashing...

Please, HELP.

Look at this thread:

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/26077-tuner-not-working/

There is solution what worked for me. Also there is other "stories" as well.

Look at this thread:

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/26077-tuner-not-working/

There is solution what worked for me. Also there is other "stories" as well.

Pedro,

It sure sounds like the tuner is not making a proper connection with the flex circuit ("Black Plastic") on the head. Be careful with rotating the tuner - you don't want to damage the circuit pads or traces. I would recommend you remove the string, remove the tuner and inspect the contact areas of both the circuit and the tuner. You can clean them up with a pencil eraser. Then carefully line them up when you reassemble and make sure you torque the nut as recommended by Tronical. Over-tightening will also damage the circuit. If that still doesn't make the tuner work, I would suggest you exchange it with another tuner on the same side (B or high e) and try it again. If the other tuner works, it's likely you have a problem inside your g tuner. Hope this helps!

Archived