Gibson Brands Forums

Chinese fakes..

Gibson Artist

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Naw the extra baggage could be real just the package is not real Chinese. Spending time over that part of the world tell me with all that extra cushion that nurse is not even close to being a "real or original" product.

On to the topic, if I was to copy or have a copy made it damn sure would not have any name on the head stock except for mine. As far as Ed's copies that man for sure hates not just Gibson but Fender and Ibanez and does copies of all mfg's. I have consider his Broken Mirror Iceman guitars for some time now but he is one place where I would not buy via the internet without first touching the instrument.

ABS%20Black%20Ice%20Mirror76.jpg

Ya know, he wouldn't let you plug it in if you bought it at his store. [scared][unsure]

Sorry, Ed Roman just rubs me the wrong way. I'm sure you agree with me. [lol]

Hell, he knows how to run a business. I'll give him that.

I agree, since seeing a Iceman on stage with Paul Stanley in the 70's with the broken mirror covering like this one I was hooked. Since Iby does not offer this as a production model I have two options one is have them modify my 90's Iceman or purchase one of their modified Iby's or their version which is called Black Ice. My only issue is this is a real mirror and since I am on blood thinners and have a medic alert card and supposed to wear a bracelet since I am considered a hemophiliac my concern would be getting cut up by the glass/mirror. I spoke with Ed and he promised this would not happen but got a little upset with me. Then he hinted that I was trying to steal his process secrets and I explained I could care less my concern is getting cut. He promised that would not happen.

You have one more option... do it yourself.

Or send it to Andy and let him do it. I'll bet he wouldn't mind. [biggrin]

You have one more option... do it yourself.

Or send it to Andy and let him do it. I'll bet he wouldn't mind. [biggrin]

Actually I would love to do that. Being a Kiss fan at the height of Kiss mania when I was a kid I always thought that was one of the coolest guitars ever!... I read the guitar Paul Stanley had was not supposed to be broken but it ended up that way somehow and he liked how it reflected the light. I also remember him saying it had some sharp edges that would cut him too.

Andy

Actually I know how you could do it and ensure you don't get cut. All you would need to do is build it so you could have enough room to "Bind In" a thin piece of glass or high quality acrylic plastic over the top. Tah dah no edges!

Archived