Gibson Brands Forums

The Official What Are You Listening To Right Now Thread...

ShredAstaire

• 1 month later...

This evening -

Eberhard Weber - "Yellow Fields" - ECM

Kenny Burrell - "All Day Long and All Night Long"

Albert King / Otis Rush - "Door To Door"

Spirit - "Clear Spirit" and "Feedback"

Miles Davis - "What It Is" -  from Capital Radio broadcast of London gig 1984; inc John Scofield, Bob Berg, Darryl Jones, Al Foster.  Bloody glad I taped that!

Edited by jdgm

On 9/7/2020 at 3:12 PM, ghost_of_fl said:

He was great in "Labyrinth". 

ZwMI_ofiZiQx.jpg

Yeah, Keef didn't even need to go into the makeup trailer. Its au natural.

I was jammin Todd Rundgren - A Wizard, A True Star. He is so f-in talented but sometimes I just go Todd, maybe you should listen to the advice of someone else instead of having all the control.

Edited by Sgt. Pepper

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Vinyl New Years Eve.

Elvin Jones "Mr Thunder".   Live in Sweden 1974.  Probably the 1st year I saw him play - I have loved this record since I bought it way back then.  Ferocious stuff, featuring the amazing playing of Antiguan guitarist Roland Prince.  I never saw a jazz guitarist dance  while playing before.

Next...."Elm" by pianist Richie Beirach.  ECM album, 1979 with George Mraz on acoustic bass and Jack DeJohnette on drums.  Superb.  Evocative.  The 1st track  "Sea Priestess" is a beautiful trip.

Gil Evans  "Spoonful" and then "La Nevada" from  "Out Of The Cool"  -  mindblowing on LP.  

Jimi; "Cry Of Love".

Then lay back and groove with Kenny Burrell,  Jimmy Rogers, maybe Elmore James.  

Cheers and HNY 2021.

Edited by jdgm

• 1 month later...

Chick Corea.  All weekend.   At the moment "Trio Music Live in Europe" with Miroslav Vitous and Roy Haynes. 

Also some fusion - Return To Forever, "No Mystery" and then the Elektric Band 1st LP.

And I just played  "Three Quartets", one of his finest pure jazz albums with Steve Gadd, Eddie Gomez and Michael Brecker.

Corea at his best was a truly brilliant composer with his own completely recognizable musical signature and style.  The quality of his writing is always absolutely top-notch, of the highest standard,  and he never stopped evolving. 

Edited by jdgm

• 3 weeks later...