Gibson Brands Forums

The Official What Are You Listening To Right Now Thread...

ShredAstaire

I'm not listening to anything, but I'm in the midst of a cyberargument with RS1976 (again...)...

Will he ever stop?

Don't let him get under your skin Kaleb.

The guy is a total dickwad. Don't even reply to him. All it's doing is bump his little cry for help.

OK i tried this before but people only used it for a day...

I'm envisioning a long term thread that gets posted to daily when folks are browsing the forum and listening to tunes. The idea here is to provide suggestions for bands/albums for others to check out.

You don't have to post a YT vid or anything....just the name of the artist and the album you're listening to if you want. YT vids are just a plus to make it easy for everyone to check out.

I'm listening to:

Baroness - The Blue Record

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6P9lBsib0qc

just thought i'd chime in on my latest download ... it took some time from getting the song out of my head and finding it's artist and title: LIDO SHUFFLE by BOZ SCAGGS. Boz Scaggs was in the early Steve Miller Band (for reference). Boz Scaggs was on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon jamming with The Roots the other night and the song LIDO came up 'Oh, LIDO ohohohohohhh, one more for the roadohohoad'

Before I went to sleep last night I listened to Korn, Liz Phair then Zac Brown Band. Yeah, I know, all over the grid, but that is how my tastes are. The night before I was listening to Johnny Cash, Blondie and Metallica!

My parents had varying tastes, too. I was raised to have an open mind about music. For the most part, I am - I just have NO tolerance for Techno and the stuff some of the kids listen to today (I.e. Justin Bieber - who told that kid he could sing???? They need a whop upside the head with a two by four!). Also, as an example, Korn's last album Path of Totality. WHAT is with this dub step stuff? Not sure whether I want to ram my head into a brick wall until I am unconscious or puncture my ear drums, that stuff is awful! OK, off my soap box now!

That was what I was listening to.