Gibson Brands Forums

Quality Control

neilpanda

Oh those are the special special Oreo's it's part of a big contest, I hope you still have them they are worth big bucks.

Just Kidding but that would be a good contest to mess with peoples minds.

I think a couple years back they did have something like that. Wasn't just flipped over oreos, but they weird or something and you won something.

How pissed would you be to have eaten one of those winning cookies? lol

am I the only one that sees the Virgin Mary AND Jesus on the top one?

all kidding aside, my Uncle used to drive a delivery route for Pepsi-Cola in the early 70s, before this "mass litigation phenomenon", he'd bring me the "reject bottles" they're still @ my Dads house, a few with cigarette butts, 2 with candy/cracker wrappers, and the "prize" of the collection, a now(last time I saw it was in '01) unidentifiable blob (in a Mt Dew bottle) with a FINGERNAIL still attached to it.....in 1972 it was a clearly visible African American fingertip. [scared]

Never thought about blackmailing Pepsi until it had started to degrade, but my buds thought it was neat!

When I was a young man and automation wasn't quite as dependable as it is now we used to find slightly messed up stuff all the time it used to be kind of fun. It was nothing harmful or as nasty as a finger like above, but they were pretty common with multiple labels printed on a cereal box or packaging that is upside down stuff like that. I even had a good friend that collected the empty pop cans you would find every once in a while he had a half dozen or so that looked normal but they were empty or had just a little bit in the can, he also had a few that were normal looking but were sealed with out the pull tabs on top they were just were missing and his pride and joy was a Coke can that had two tabs on the top of the can about a inch apart.

Years ago, I bought a can of 7UP. That was back when they had to detaching pop tab and ring. The 7-UP cans of that era had a white background with green and red lettering. One can I bought had gone through the printing machinery when the white paint was low as there was just a small bit of white on the can. The rest was bare metal with green and red writing. Never thought it was worth anything. Just a curiosity. I think I kept it to put change into at the end of the day. I don't know what happened to it. Most likely I hacked it open with a Barlow knife when I needed some cash.

Years later, when pop bottlers began to sell Diet in earnest, I saw this same effect on the Diet flavors. They'd leave the metal bare, instead of painting it with a background color.

Archived