Gibson Brands Forums

Will the Dark Fire work on Rock Band 3??

OverG

Anyone know if the Dark Fire will work Rock Band 3??

Fender is releasing a real Squire Strat in March that will work the game thru a MIDI controller which is not yet available. Wondering if the Dark Fire will work the game. I am not a computer guy and never could fully figure out how to use my Dark Fire on a computer. That does not stop me from loving how it plays and the loving the infinite sounds I can get from it just from playing with its knobs....don't extend that thought!

It would be really cool if it could operate Rock Band 3 as the Squire supposedly will as it was made before either.

interesting! :)

i had a Dark Fire, which i recently sold to offset my R9 purchase. i too had trouble making it work with my computer: it just didn't track well as a synth controller. i am sure all it needed was fine tuning, and that would be critical in a game scenario where precision affects your score. but my lust for a historic ultimately won out. [biggrin]

the GK3 pickup that comes with the Roland guitar synth tracks infinitely better than the hex pickup through the RIP. i am going to go read what kind of midi pickup the Squier is going to use.

i'd love to see pics of your Dark Fire: the black binding on the red top is one of the coolest looking finishes, in my opinion.

Don

Dont understand the attraction to that game or card board guitars that allow you to play a song. Its air guitar a further step away from reality...

Now why the hell spend all that money on a gibson only not to play it except with a game that has a total of 5 contacts or how ever those colors work on the fret board. Although it might actually work with that gibson since the owners complain about everything else about that guitar

looks like we're fortunate in that the "guitar as game" concept is fading... although i did have a friend who was killer at guitar hero and it inspired him to start lessons. i tried that game but stunk royally.

for the record i never complained about my DF while i had it: as a guitar it's actually very versatile.

as a MIDI controller... well not so much.

Don

That would be really cool especially for the 40+ year old men that still live with their mommy and have never been on a date.

In fact that might have been the market demographic...

I was going to say the same LOL

I don't get it... I take it most guys who can afford a dark fire are way past guitar hero and such... unless they don't really know how to play, expected the miracle guitar to do it all for them and now that they found out it still requires the player to play, want to see if some of it can be put to work on guitar hero and rockband so they can upload their scores on youtube and be RAD [flapper]

D00d! [rolleyes]

Dont understand the attraction to that game or card board guitars that allow you to play a song. Its air guitar a further step away from reality...

Now why the hell spend all that money on a gibson only not to play it except with a game...

Exactly!

Archived