Gibson Brands Forums

TV through my amp!?!

heymisterk

So this was a new one...

I was playing along with some Neil Young and Crazy Horse. I had my Les Paul through my Voodoo Labs SuperFuzz to get that heavy overdrive tone of his.

When I stopped playing for a minute, I heard someone talking. It was...some sort of television or radio signal that was coming in loud and clear through my Mesa Boogie.

None of my rig is wireless. But when I stepped on the SuperFuzz and turned it off? Voice gone.

WTF? Any insights?

A buddy of mine back in the late 80's had a big old amp, cant remember the brand but as soon as you switched it on you could pick up a russian radio station (we were in Scotland). To this day i have no idea wtf was going on. maybe its the magnets and wires acting as some kind of wierd receiver?

[confused] [confused]

Same thing happened to be the other day when I was recording. I was running a USB cable from the "FX send" jack of the pre-amp on my Boogie Express 5:50 to the USB port in my PC, and I was getting a TV channel coming thru the amp speaker.

I've never gotten any radio with my Fuzz Factory or Hoof but if I turn the "texture" knob all the way up on my Torn's Peaker I get some really noisey Asian talk radio.

Really? nothing?

I do have the stab all the way down on my fuzz factory and the comp and gate are really low... maybe that's why :-k

The other day I had my LovePedal COT50 (not remotely a fuzz or even a high-gain pedal)

run through a buddy's Marshall head and we were picking up a talk radio or something.

You could turn your body and make it come in or out like a Theremin.

Really? nothing?

I do have the stab all the way down on my fuzz factory and the comp and gate are really low... maybe that's why :-k

Nope I've never had even a hint of radio interference with it and I've tried pretty much every setting imaginable. I don't know if you've used a Torn's Peaker but they can get pretty noisey. My Fuzz Factory isn't even close to as noisey as the TP. The TP has really grown on me though I have to say. I like it better than the Hoof.

If you could post a picture of the settings where you get radio interference that would be cool. I want to see if mine will do it.

Yeah... this kinda stuff has been going on for years... I'm surprised some TV would come through, though, 'cuz I thought almost everything was digital for signals.

Some, I think, has to do also with placement and direction of everything being "right."

But I also think folks have no idea what we've got for "rf" flying through the air.

m

Archived