Gibson Brands Forums

Recent Guitar Recital I performed in Spain

Duende

I just did these on trusty i movie on the mac. This first is an original piece called the Longing.

(Someone's phone goes off and you can hear some disapproving tuts - LOL)

It was recorded the Frax foundation; a Scandanavian arts centre in Albir, Spain.

The Longing (original composition)

This was an encore dedicated to Gary Moore and Jeff Healey. A lot of people seemed surprised (and pleased) to hear blues at a Spanish guitar recital! I think I will add some more of these kind of things in the future.

Blues improvisation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rirHv6OMEjY

Cheers!

it was a lovely venue John and Todd. It did have some weird sculptures outside, i will try and upload them. They were pilots but with brains showing through the masks, very Doctor Who like.

I have been doing some tips of the hat to electric guitar guys recently. I encored with Randy Rhoads Dee in London a few weeks back too

Matt

Matt... et al...

The vids prove two things:

1. Matt Sear is one heck of a great guitarist and musician. Period.

2. The classical guitar has oodles of potential for blues and other styles that too many of us tend to ignore because we're looking at what "they" do rather than what "we" could do.

m

The classical guitar has oodles of potential for blues and other styles that too many of us tend to ignore because we're looking at what "they" do rather than what "we" could do.

m

Milo

I am glad you said that about the Classical guitar msp_thumbup.gif

I have just got back home from guitar society which I run with my wife. Our guest player Declan, was FANTASTIC!!! He played a piece that pushed the classical guitar to it's edge, using harmonics, tapping, percussion and combing that with melodies and rhythm...all the while too sounding so musical and beautiful!

This has inspired me even more to try and show pupils who I am assigned to teach acoustic and/or electric too that nylon is great fun!!!

Matt

Excellent. Lovely natural acoustics.

It must be nice to play like that. I've only ever played in a band.

Have a gold star!

I love being the lone ranger LMAO. You don't have any of the annoying equipment issues to deal with at venues and band politics...I recommend it!! Just you and your guitar msp_biggrin.gif

Matt

Oh great, another limey ripping off American music! [thumbup]

[lol][lol][lol]

Seriously, Matt everything you do comes from some deep and pure source.

Keep mixing it up. I want to see you throw some Randy Rhoads licks into

your next recital. You know you can do it!

Steve!! LMAO msp_tongue.gif Cheers Milo, Don, Rocketman, Zigzag and Bill

Oh great, another limey ripping off American music! [thumbup]

Poor guys get kidnapped, made into slaves, beaten up - so they decide to sing about it and blues evolves. Then... all these years later, middle class white school teachers who drink awful beer (I couldn't resist that) say it is 'their' music...and you say a limey ripped you off msp_flapper.gif

Seriously, Matt everything you do comes from some deep and pure source.

Keep mixing it up. I want to see you throw some Randy Rhoads licks into

your next recital. You know you can do it!

Cheers Surfpup. If I could get my old guitar quartet back together I would love to do a performance of my classical arrangement of Diary Of A Madman!

Matt

Archived