Gibson Brands Forums

did i do the right trade iyho?

turtle

Hey guys, just seeing what u think about this. I traded my 2007 honeyburst classic antique(chambered 60's neck 57 pu's bound headstck 2piece back flamed top ect....) For a 1998 classic goldtop. The goldtop was hardly played and actually does not have green or yellow inlay...when I compared to the classic antique was almost identical. 1 piece back and pretty light too for a solid lp.and the neck is actually maybe the same or fatter then my 50's standards neck! I think I got a rare one? The pickups were switched to duncan 59's and I took the neck out and put an antiquity that was in my old honeyburst. And going to change the bridge soon to the same...so basically a free set of pickups too(matched/sold together from seymour d). Instead of the ceramics I let him keep....cts 500 pots also...I love this guitar!!! Value wise do you think my "even swap" was worth it? I'm not in remorse at all but I'd like to see if you guys think it was worth it?

Why do you think it's solid? They're weight-relieved.

Gold and black Standards/Classics are worth a little less than bursts. Since you're looking for honesty, I think he got the better deal. He's the one getting a burst finish and a newer guitar. You should have asked for a few hundred dollars. Maybe around $300 - $500. $500 if he really wanted to unload it.

It sounds like a fairly even trade to me. Although, if you were both to sell you guitars, say on eBay, the Classic Antique would probably bring a little more.

But if you're both more happy with the guitar you ended up with, it's a win for both of you.

Archived