Gibson Brands Forums

Looking for a new Head

DiamondJig

I'm in the market for a new head to replace my Bugera V55HD. I was looking to pull the trigger on a Egnater Renegade 999.99 from GC with a 200 off coupon down to 799.99 and they are giving in store 100 gift card rebates when I saw on line they had factory B stock Bogner Alchemist's for 499.99 with a 100 off which puts it at 399.99 for a head that goes over a grand, so I took a shot on the B stock. They come with the same 30 days back and factory 1 year warranty. Seems like a smoke'n deal if the amp has no problems. My local GC doesn't have either one in stock, but they do have a Renegade combo which I tried in the store. What say ye.

The Alchemist arrived yesterday. Plugged into my 2x12 Egnator 8 ohm cab with 2 Celestion LEAD 80's (16 ohm) sounds great, I plugged into one side of the 2 x 12 for an even better sounding single 12 sound, more focused. Love'n the sound of this amp, everything seems to work fine, looks like new. Being that it's a factory restock, it only has a 90 day warranty, will have to really play it to break it in and find any problems, so far so very good. Except for the parallel effects loop, does not work with my RP1000 or any time based effects, gets an out of phase sound, can't fine a work around yet, except to plug into the input, but that's not what I want.

Archived