Gibson Brands Forums

Supreme?

TheBappleApple

By now I have an Epiphone Les Paul. I don't know the type, but it is very standard, with sunburst and plain silver colored tuning system, and pick ups. It was bought for 6 000 NOK which equals about 1 000 dollars. It is not a very good guitar, but i simply love the feeling to play with it.

I'm planning to buy the Les Paul Supreme (bit step up!), so therefoe i wonder is it has the same great feeling?

And should I buy the Cherry sunburst of the desert burst? I love them both!

You should evaluate guitars on an individual basis. There are gems among the inexpensive.

Epi makes some very nice guitars for the prices they charge.

But the Gibson will have better quality wood and electronics. The overall workmanship is also better.

As far as one guitar feeling as good as another to you . . . . . that's something only you can say after playing both.

As far as the finish, I'm partial to desert burst.

Maybe all your Epiphone needs is a good setup. Is it the sound that makes you say it is not a good guitar? Pickups can be changed MUCH cheaper than buying a Les Paul Supreme! But if you buy the Supreme, it will be so much of a step up, you really cannot fairly compare it to your Epiphone! Not to mention you will say "Holy Crap" every time you open the guitar case and look at the figured top on the Supreme ;)

Archived