Gibson Brands Forums

Somebody Talk Me Down Off Of This Ledge

Californiaman

You arn't having a gas attack.....That guitar is a neccesity......Contact that guy right now.....no more posting until you get that guitar....

That is one of the most beautiful guitars I've seen.......Very practical as well.....The price ???? Priceless !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

There isn't a Taylor guitar made that I don't absolutely love. They are well crafted, well engineered, comfortable, and sound great. I get their magazine "Woods & Steel" and I drool over their guitars. In fact I need to take an anti-GAS pill before I read it!

I lose sleep over GAS. The worst part of it.

One guy reportedly died sleeping in a shack after eating sausage and kraut. No ventilation. True story.

California man - I say do it (get the guitar).

You only live once and it goes by quickly. Jane Russell just passed away in your home town. Life is short.

Whew... thank God that's over.

It must have been a momentary laps of reason.

Californiagirl set me straight right quick. (Double entendre).

What do I want more, the house we just put a bid on, or another guitar to clutter up this old house?

I knew there was a reason why I married that woman. Hopefully we'll here back from our real estate agent tomorrow.

The property is in an exclusive community in northern Santa Barbara county. 2,750 sq. ft. home on 1.5 acres.

It needs some work and that is reason enough not to go out an splurge on a new guitar.

Asking price $589,000.00. Our offer $485,000.00. Tentatively the counter I'm told is at $525,000.00.

What's the magic number?

$500,000.00.

Keep your fingers crossed gentlemen.

Well Best of luck on the house sounds like a good decision after all homes are always a good investment (yeah right never seen anything but stock tank in value as quick) I guess a home is more important than a guitar (at least I,ve been told that).

But seriously good luck on the home. But if you get the chance T3's are a great sounding guitar I changed the bridge to an acoustic bridge and run acoustic strings on my Koa T3 and it's one of my favorite guitars, they also make a killer solid body [rolleyes]

$500,000.00 would probably buy a good music store.

I'm betting on the house though. Property like this in my area are scarce and becoming even more so.

Planning depts. all over California want to cram as many people into as little space as possible. Homes are being built on 7,000 sqft lots right on top of each other.

In my opinion, with all of the open space we have around us, it's not needed. I like to say that if I can jump from rooftop to rooftop, the houses are too close.

Hopefully we get it.

As Californiagirl says, "It's a diamond in the rough."

And it truly is.

Sprawl is very bad. We don't need to fill in or build on every open space. We don't see it in the city of Chicago due to the preplanned density, but take a drive NW out on I-90 and you'll get and eye full of McMansions and gated communities. Only had to fill in a few hundred acres of wetlands and woods to build this unsustainable neighborhood. All travel is by car since we didn't build/plan for any sidewalks or bike lanes. How's that sod lawn? Nothing like a little Lake Michigan water to water your lawn, eh?

Good luck with the house. Real estate market is a roller coaster these days.

I'm getting ready to take a great big leap of faith here in the next day or so.

We received the counter offer on the house we're interested in.

I have three days to respond to the counter offer from the seller.

Waiting a day or two before I jump seems like a good idea.

Then I'm going sky diving.

I refer to drinking as sky diving.

Is that what you are referring to?

Hey Californiaman, good luck on the house. I know how much stress that can bring. You live in great city though!

Oh, and as far as GAS (guitar acquisition syndrome to the person who asked) - Feed the Monster!

Archived