Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone serial #

Sonny B.

Hello, new here. Don't know how I ended up in the Gibson side of this site. Thought I had clicked the Epi box. But here goes, went to the guitar dater site and put in the serial number of my Epiphone. S9322583. Number was not recognized. Tried the Gibson one too,same. This looks to be an Emperor,no Joe Pass inscriptions,but missing truss rod cover. Has very dark wine sunburst almost like a tobacco sunburst. Gold hardware which is pretty worn and has the frequensator(sp?)tailpiece.Bought on ebay about 8 yrs ago. The little research I have done would seem the guitar is a Samick, made in '93, Feb.,then the 4 digit number. Is my assumption right? Do I possibly have a fake? Any reason why the 'dater' system might not work? Anyone know how I can get myself listed in the Epiphone side of this site? Any help would be very much appreciated.

Your research sounds about right to me with everything that I have read but there are people on here much more experienced than myself!

Try posting this in the epiphone lounge on here, you will get a definite answer that way!

The Epiphone boards are alive and well. About three listings below Gibson Acoustic.

Just below the word EPIPHONE, are some direct links to various Epiphone forums. Click on acoustic.

The GuitarDaterProject. is just that a project. Some call it a Wiki. It is possible your model and range of serial numbers are not in it. There is a provision for leaving the information you have on your guitar. They will look into it and eventually it may become part of the database.

OH, and Welcome!

The Epiphone boards are alive and well. About three listings below Gibson Acoustic.

Just below the word EPIPHONE, are some direct links to various Epiphone forums. Click on acoustic.

The GuitarDaterProject. is just that a project. Some call it a Wiki. It is possible your model and range of serial numbers are not in it. There is a provision for leaving the information you have on your guitar. They will look into it and eventually it may become part of the database.

OH, and Welcome!

+ 1.

The Guitar Dater is not populated with information supplied by Gibson or Epiphone, but from users. Email the serial number to Epiphone customer service if you want to know when your guitar was made.

Archived