Gibson Brands Forums

I'm Loving this New LP

jnastynebr

Get rid of the active pickups, and its pretty sweet! [thumbup]

I have a customised V that I stuck a set of EMGs in and the cleans especially are lovely! I know you and Demoon hate them LOL - you are like a psychotic EMG hating Huck FInn and Tom Sawyer msp_biggrin.gif

Matt

i had a LP Studio Gothic ~10 years ago, very similar to this one. it was my first Gibson:

gothic.jpg

the logo was outlined white silkscreen, and it had a picture of Orville on the back of the headstock.

i put EMGs in it.

i sold this guitar to buy an american tele ~4 years ago or so.

I have a customised V that I stuck a set of EMGs in and the cleans especially are lovely! I know you and Demoon hate them LOL - you are like a psychotic EMG hating Huck FInn and Tom Sawyer msp_biggrin.gif

Matt

I don't hate them, just not for me.

My sound is rough, and you have to embrace the noise.

If you want super cleans, or super distortion, then they are for you.

I am neither

I don't hate them, just not for me.

My sound is rough, and you have to embrace the noise.

LMAO

I am actually with you here, I love the animal in overdriven guitar! I love Randy Rhoads and Jimi Hendrix because it sounds like the distortion (and chaos) any moment could come alive and eat you alive!!!

I am going to tinker with my V now and see what it can do! Cheers

Matt

LMAO

I am actually with you here, I love the animal in overdriven guitar! I love Randy Rhoads and Jimi Hendrix because it sounds like the distortion (and chaos) any moment could come alive and eat you alive!!!

I am going to tinker with my V now and see what it can do! Cheers

Matt

Now that's what I'm talking about!

When I play, I am fearful that my amp might consume me, you just have to wrangle it in [biggrin]

Hallelujah, we have a convert, hallelujah!

According to the specks, this Gibson USA Les Paul features new Gibson active pups. Cool styling, and a sustainable fretboard with no inlays. This is a score in my book.

i clicked on the link and instantly my jaw dropped to the floor...i want one...i am going to have one [drool]

Matt

my new ibanez has active pups and it's the first guitar i have ever owned with them fitted...i love em [thumbup]

Archived