Gibson Brands Forums

My new classical guitar - "The White Queen"

MR GIBS

Lovely vid! Please tell us more about the Queen.

Model:

Classical

Soundboard:European Spruce Back & SidesIndian Rosewood FingerboardEbony Width at Nut52 mm Scale Length648 mm VarnishFrench Polish

ohhh sounding nice and full bodied there Mr Gibbs, even on a camera that comes across, what is the feel of her like under your hands?

Matt

The feel is of a perfect super-eazy-to-play instrument with a great sound (even new). Brilliant highs, deep lows, balanced midles... Superb! A real White Queen.

Great guitar. Your friend made it and that is something special. I too have a couple of classical guitars. My first is a Guild Mark 2. This guitar has a cedar top with mahogany sides and back. It has a matte finish and a wonderful rich tone. I bought it after I did an audit of Christopher Parkening's master class here in Bozeman. Classical guitar is such a wonderful art form. I'm not any good at it but I keep trying. I can play 10 or 12 classical pieces fairly well but when recorded they all sound very mechanical to me. I also have a Ramirez Brazilian that I bought just because that's what Parkening plays and I thought that would help me. It didn't. It's a very powerful guitar and is the most unforgiving guitar I own. It's so clean and pure that any mistake is glaring.

Gibson Montana made some classical guitars in the middle 90's for Roger Miller. I had the chance to play a couple and they were very interesting. I wanted to pick one up but never felt they had any soul for Classical music so I passed. I am a huge Roger Miller fan but felt the real guitar player of the group was Thumbs Carlisle (sp?). Has anyone out there seen any of the Roger Miller Classicals? Does anyone out there have one?

Are you going to perform with you guitar? If so what are some of the pieces you will play? I like J.S. Bach. Bouree and Jesu Joy Of Man's Desiring are a couple of my favorites.

Great guitar. Your friend made it and that is something special. I too have a couple of classical guitars. My first is a Guild Mark 2. This guitar has a cedar top with mahogany sides and back. It has a matte finish and a wonderful rich tone. I bought it after I did an audit of Christopher Parkening's master class here in Bozeman. Classical guitar is such a wonderful art form. I'm not any good at it but I keep trying. I can play 10 or 12 classical pieces fairly well but when recorded they all sound very mechanical to me. I also have a Ramirez Brazilian that I bought just because that's what Parkening plays and I thought that would help me. It didn't. It's a very powerful guitar and is the most unforgiving guitar I own. It's so clean and pure that any mistake is glaring.

Gibson Montana made some classical guitars in the middle 90's for Roger Miller. I had the chance to play a couple and they were very interesting. I wanted to pick one up but never felt they had any soul for Classical music so I passed. I am a huge Roger Miller fan but felt the real guitar player of the group was Thumbs Carlisle (sp?). Has anyone out there seen any of the Roger Miller Classicals? Does anyone out there have one?

Are you going to perform with you guitar? If so what are some of the pieces you will play? I like J.S. Bach. Bouree and Jesu Joy Of Man's Desiring are a couple of my favorites.

I don't play classical guitar... I can not...

I ordered this instrument because I needed a very good classical (nylon strins) guitar for the acompaniment of some of my songs whyle I sing.

I start to consider to learn some classical peaces... Really it will be a pitty to have such a treasure instrument and do not play classical music...

I don't play classical guitar... I can not...

I ordered this instrument because I needed a very good classical (nylon strins) guitar for the acompaniment of some of my songs whyle I sing.

I start to consider to learn some classical peaces... Really it will be a pitty to have such a treasure instrument and do not play classical music...

Krassi.....can you read music notation? Nice guitar......formidable!!!

Krassi.....can you read music notation? Nice guitar......formidable!!!

I never knew how to read music notation. I newer had the possibility to learn music. That's why I learned everything alone.

That's why I don't play classical music. I just can't read this...

But now I will learn some.

Archived