Gibson Brands Forums

Pedalboard setups

Silenced Fred

i ain't got a "pedalboard" but my set up at the moment is...

mark tremonti (morley) wah, dod "main squeeze" compressor/sustainer, behringer "distortion x" and as you know...a boss ns2 "noise supressor"

B)

i ain't got a "pedalboard" but my set up at the moment is...

mark tremonti (morley) wah, dod "main squeeze" compressor/sustainer, behringer "distortion x" and as you know...a boss ns2 "noise supressor"

B)

Sissy [flapper]

Oh and I forgot my delay which I leave on top of my amp because I'm always tweaking with it

Nice board.

What is that orange Danelectro pedal?

I hope your Fuzz Factory is first in the chain. It appears that way, but we want to be sure you are enticing sonic assault in a responsible manner.

Sweet pedals giantrobot. I really wish I got one of those $50 specials while they lasted. My Torn's Peaker is awesome I want some more Devi fuzz.

Fred what's the Dano and why did you drop the Swollen Pickle?

Here's mine... Hasn't really changed since the last time I posted it I don't think.

photo-136.jpg

I'm intching for some fuzz...

Nice stuff.

I don't have a "board" per se, but here was my set up at the gig I played last month:

IMG_0089.jpg

Talk box, Zak Wylde chorus (Dunlop), TC electronics nova repeater. (And you can see my tuner).

Mine is taken apart right now as I await the arrival of the MXR EVH Flanger, do any day.

Missing from the photo is the Boss TU 12 Tuner.

Two, maybe three amp setup. Fender '57 Deluxe, Two-tone Blues Jr., Gibson GA-5

101_0630.jpg

Anyway, that's it. Until the next wave of "I've-got-to-have-another-pedal-mania" hits me.

Looking at an EQ and a phasor next.

Any questions?

Comments or Concerns?

Good.

Cary on.

Nice board.

What is that orange Danelectro pedal?

I hope your Fuzz Factory is first in the chain. It appears that way, but we want to be sure you are enticing sonic assault in a responsible manner.

All home made, it says "STUD" on the front, its a 2x4 holding it up [biggrin]

The Orange Dano pedal is the Chicken Salad, its a wild vibrato pedal. Along with the Fuzz Factory, I can get some almost vintage synth sounds, I'll have to post something up, it sounds wicked sweet.

Fuzz Factory is first, into the Big Muff, into the Classic OD (Just for solo boosts if I don't want to change the sound too much), then the CHicken Salad, then the Carbon Copy on top of my amp.

Dub- the Swollen Pickle is currently in my bassists hands, I want her to play around with it, I'm trying to convince her to get some fuzz pedals because they sound amazing with a bass, but she didn't believe me. Once I get it back, I'm just going to put the Swollen Pickle in between the Fuzz Factory and the Muff

Where or where will I put this? [confused]

Snapshot2011-02-2308-26-36.jpg

I've always done, and for the most part seen, dirt from craziest to tamest then into modulation. and probably before your delay (I believe you have a delay). Just do it to taste, move it around and see where you like it [thumbup] [thumbup]

I have some great effects I use.........Changes often, I collect them, etc............never sell them...........

Lots of stuff....No need to post pics....I use a Boss GT-10 and a Boss GT-8 and I insert what ever else I need into the effects insert bah blah blah areas...

Changes all the time........................................

All home made, it says "STUD" on the front, its a 2x4 holding it up [biggrin]

The Orange Dano pedal is the Chicken Salad, its a wild vibrato pedal. Along with the Fuzz Factory, I can get some almost vintage synth sounds, I'll have to post something up, it sounds wicked sweet.

Fuzz Factory is first, into the Big Muff, into the Classic OD (Just for solo boosts if I don't want to change the sound too much), then the CHicken Salad, then the Carbon Copy on top of my amp.

Dub- the Swollen Pickle is currently in my bassists hands, I want her to play around with it, I'm trying to convince her to get some fuzz pedals because they sound amazing with a bass, but she didn't believe me. Once I get it back, I'm just going to put the Swollen Pickle in between the Fuzz Factory and the Muff

When did you get the Chicken Salad? Those Dano pedals are cool. They're cheap as hell but they sound cool.

Do you stack your Classic OD? I've never gotten it to stack well. I don't know what it is it just gives me instant blanket over the amp sound.

Mine is taken apart right now as I await the arrival of the MXR EVH Flanger, do any day.

Missing from the photo is the Boss TU 12 Tuner.

Two, maybe three amp setup. Fender '57 Deluxe, Two-tone Blues Jr., Gibson GA-5

101_0630.jpg

Anyway, that's it. Until the next wave of "I've-got-to-have-another-pedal-mania" hits me.

Looking at an EQ and a phasor next.

Any questions?

Comments or Concerns?

Good.

Cary on.

Hold the phone! What is that sweet looking gold/black speckled box with the two leds?

And I like your choice of delay. The AD999 is my favorite of the analog delays. Very warm.

When did you get the Chicken Salad? Those Dano pedals are cool. They're cheap as hell but they sound cool.

Do you stack your Classic OD? I've never gotten it to stack well. I don't know what it is it just gives me instant blanket over the amp sound.

Oh... terrible *** shitty ****ing worst ******bag store owner on the face of the earth.

But the pedal was 15 bucks with a patch cable. I love the sound it makes.

I only the Classic OD if I'm playing clean for a boost for solos or whatever. It doesn't add too much gain on this setting and doesn't color the sound too much. It doesn't make the amp sound better, but it doesn't make it sound worse

Hold the phone! What is that sweet looking gold/black speckled box with the two leds?

And I like your choice of delay. The AD999 is my favorite of the analog delays. Very warm.

That's the box full of magic dust Evol.

Really though...

It's just an A/B switcher I picked up off Ebay. It's for the tuner. Or what ever else I need it for.

I dunno... The Classic OD sounds good in my room and then I bust it out at band practice and I hate it. I guess I'm not a Tube Screamer guy.

Evol I have my Fuzz Factory second and it definately sounds better that way [flapper]

Try the Green Rhino man! That will do it to you

Yeah... yeah.

Try it. You'll like it.

Trust me on this.

I love mine. It's so versatile.

Sounds good with every amp I've used it on.

It takes single coils and Humbuckies nicely.

It's like... God.

But on your pedalboard. and you can step on it

Oh, and Cali, that switcher is cool as hell! (the little gold sparkly one) I'd rock that

Mission control 2.0. I have a DL4 that lives atop my amp too

100_0978-1.jpg

Ah, the Maestro Phase Shifter. Some of the creamiest phase tones ever to be put in a box. I sold mine because it is a huge tone suck. Maybe I should have kept it and just ran it through an FX loop box?

Ooohh, the Holier Grail Reverb Pedal.

How do you like it?

I have a reverb on my Two-tone, but I've been thinking about something like this.

What do you like about it?

The Holier Grail is a great sounding reverb - although it has a useless thin, flangery warbling "Flerb" option that I would never use. To be honest, I don't bother with the gated reverb functionality either, but it is great when it comes to:

• adding a touch of "springiness" to my clean '59 Bassman sound, or a
  • more pronounced room or hall reverb to my lead sound on my Marshall 6100 stack

it's a good pedal!

Archived