Gibson Brands Forums

Pedalboard setups

Silenced Fred

There's lots of great pedals here......some of which I don't have yet....

The only type of reverb I'll use for guitar is 'plate reverb' though.........

You all have some awesome pedal rigs...............[thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup] .........

All home made, it says "STUD" on the front, its a 2x4 holding it up [biggrin]

The Orange Dano pedal is the Chicken Salad, its a wild vibrato pedal. Along with the Fuzz Factory, I can get some almost vintage synth sounds, I'll have to post something up, it sounds wicked sweet.

Fuzz Factory is first, into the Big Muff, into the Classic OD (Just for solo boosts if I don't want to change the sound too much), then the CHicken Salad, then the Carbon Copy on top of my amp.

Dub- the Swollen Pickle is currently in my bassists hands, I want her to play around with it, I'm trying to convince her to get some fuzz pedals because they sound amazing with a bass, but she didn't believe me. Once I get it back, I'm just going to put the Swollen Pickle in between the Fuzz Factory and the Muff

so Fred, your girl bassist has your Swollen Pickle in her hands....you want her to play around with it and hope she sticks it between the Fuzz and Muff.....is it just me, or is that a world record for pedal based innuendo...seriously though, maybe she should get her hands on Big Johns Hairy Balls (bass fuzz).

so Fred, your girl bassist has your Swollen Pickle in her hands....you want her to play around with it and hope she sticks it between the Fuzz and Muff.....is it just me, or is that a world record for pedal based innuendo...seriously though, maybe she should get her hands on Big Johns Hairy Balls (bass fuzz).

She's 15. don't you feel creepy now?

[flapper]

I did that for weeks after I got the Swollen Pickle then the muff.

Is it just me or are the Big Muff and Swollen Pickle jokes really old/ not funny at all?

I'll try out the Green Rhino but I dunno. I really think the Tube Screamer style ODs just aren't my style. For that low gain I'd kinda rather just use my SHO. But we'll see.

I'll check it out next time I'm in GC.

Is it just me or are the Big Muff and Swollen Pickle jokes really old/ not funny at all?

I'll try out the Green Rhino but I dunno. I really think the Tube Screamer style ODs just aren't my style. For that low gain I'd kinda rather just use my SHO. But we'll see.

I'll check it out next time I'm in GC.

I got over them a while ago.

I gotta get me a SHO clone though

I just bought a digitech rp1000. But my rig is at my bassist's place, so I had to jam on it with my Fender Champion 30 DSP. Wasn't that special. On my amp it will probably be better. Amp modeling really sucks ( then again I wasn't using the 4-cable method with my Peavey's fx loop ). The effects ( like chorus, tremolo, vibrato, flangers, delays, distortion/overdrives, phasers, talk boxes, rotary and harmonizers-among others ) weren't amazing. The only ones that sounded great were the octaves, whammy, fuzz, and some others that I cannot remember. The wah and swell fx were mediocore. Paid $370 for it-----plus $70 for expedited shipping. ( still came too late ). The real bummer is that on the Digitech site, the pics say MADE IN USA. Nope, made in China. Dooped. Ah, at least if I do not like it tonight I can sell it and buy this partscaster on ebay. 80s ESP Swamp Ash body ( with nitro sonic blue refin ) and maple Warmoth neck. Lollar pups, vintage tuners and Big Block trem. I took my mid-80s DOD FX65 chorus and the well mentioned Ibanez Paul Gilbert Airplane Flanger out. ( MojoRedFoot YOU WILL LIKE IT!!!! ). Rearranged the whole board ( TU-3, Crybaby, Tube Screamer ). My individual effects sound better. I will figure that out tonight. Still, I would like to try other prosseccors like the ME70 and POD HD500. Just to see what all the fuss is about. All opinions welcome. By the way, that little Fender sounds killer on its clean channel with its delay and my DS-1 in front of it. The DSP effects on that amp sounded better than the Digitech.

If my KOT isn't in today, I'm killing myself. I even gave my pedalboard a thorough cleaning to make it not look so trashy when I post pics, I pulled all the wiring out of it, wiped it down, covered up dings and scratches with sharpie, polished the pedals, cleaned the contact points of the cables, then slapped it back together.

this is the last picture on photobucket of my pedal board,my has it changed, I'll take new pictures today even if it doesn't come in.

tutanka017.jpg

Archived