Gibson Brands Forums

One on the fastest players alive ???

Duende

And no high gain too [scared]

Yep he does all his playing on ultra clean and no tricks!

He lives in Barcelona and all his gear was nicked a few years back, it was a blessing in disguise for him (in his own words) as he had no distortion and began shaping a new sound that was his own.

Matt

I do something called "the one week no gain challenge" It really let's me dissect my playing and improve on mistakes.

not that a player like me should be giving you advice though. [flapper]

on the contrary!! That is excellent advice - the one week challenge sounds like an ace idea msp_thumbup.gif

Matt

I do something called "the one week no gain challenge" It really let's me dissect my playing and improve on mistakes.

not that a player like me should be giving you advice though. [flapper]

Since I got my Tele I've been playing a lot of cleans. My Marshall Class 5 does some pretty good clean tones, surprisingly. Your friend's good, Matt :)

Since I got my Tele I've been playing a lot of cleans. My Marshall Class 5 does some pretty good clean tones, surprisingly. Your friend's good, Matt :)

since i got my new marshall iv'e been playing clean too, valves sound amazing [wub]

since i got my new marshall iv'e been playing clean too, valves sound amazing [wub]

A lot of people say Marshalls are only good overdriven, but I disagree. If you know how to dial them in you can get some pretty good clean sounds out of them.

A lot of people say Marshalls are only good overdriven, but I disagree. If you know how to dial them in you can get some pretty good clean sounds out of them.

it's the other way for me, overdive channell i ain't as keen on as the clean...but the clean sounds amazing to my ears [thumbup], i'll use the line 6 spider 150 2x12 for my heavy stuff [biggrin]

I figured picking so close to the bridge contributed to it.

Eureka!!!

I wrote to him on facebook saying that his guitar sounded like a keyboard and he wrote back saying he uses a Boss VG 88 Guitar synth

http://www.bosscorp.co.jp/products/en/VG-88_Version_2/

and a Boss Limiter!

I can hear loads of my own ideas with this sound!! I want one!!!!!!!

Matt

Archived