Gibson Brands Forums

I Bought a House: FIRST PICTURES

Californiaman

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congrats - Homes on larger property are a different animal all together... They can be a lot of fun and/or a lot of work all mixed together get ready for Horses, Goats, Cows, Chickens, Gardens, 2am irrigation, lawn tractors and 10 billion freaking weeds every spring

I'm still not sure which day I enjoyed more the day I took ownership of a five acre home, or the day six years later when I sold the five acre home and got a place with only 1/2 acre to take care of. , was a lot of work. Like I said it was a lot of challenges but interesting but I finally decided I wasn't a farmer and traded it all for a hot tub and a landscaper.

The pygmy goats and chickens are what I really miss the most they were a hoot to watch.

Hope it really turns out to be your own little American dream.

Congrats The pygmy goats and chickens are what I really miss the most they were a hoot to watch.

Hope it really turns out to be your own little American dream.

My neighbors have chickens.

Because I can't get an inspection done until next week, it'll be at least that long until I can get some new photographs posted.

It'll definitely need some work before we move in.

Probably a roof, painting inside and out and new carpet and/or wood flooring.

We'll be busy now doubt.

Lets just hope it passes inspection first.

My neighbors have chickens.

Because I can't get an inspection done until next week, it'll be at least that long until I can get some new photographs posted.

It'll definitely need some work before we move in.

Probably a roof, painting inside and out and new carpet and/or wood flooring.

We'll be busy now doubt.

Lets just hope it passes inspection first.

of corse it will pass inspection. the inpection is merely a formality. it is to protect you from the unknowns and from seller fraud, but it also gives you an out should you desire.

if anything does come up in the inspection (it always does) then it is a matter of wether the bank will require the repairs or not. if the bank requires them, the seller is pretty much stuck with having them done because it is likely not to sell to anyone unless they are fixed. in the case of any faults that are not required by the lender, then you have the option still of having them addressed and/or asking the buyer to subtract them from the agreed price. even if the seller refuses, you can still have a deal should you choose. but if you don't find that you want the house, you have an out there if you choose to take it.

not that you aren't aware, just thought i'd post it just in case.

of corse it will pass inspection. the inpection is merely a formality. it is to protect you from the unknowns and from seller fraud, but it also gives you an out should you desire.

if anything does come up in the inspection (it always does) then it is a matter of wether the bank will require the repairs or not. if the bank requires them, the seller is pretty much stuck with having them done because it is likely not to sell to anyone unless they are fixed. in the case of any faults that are not required by the lender, then you have the option still of having them addressed and/or asking the buyer to subtract them from the agreed price. even if the seller refuses, you can still have a deal should you choose. but if you don't find that you want the house, you have an out there if you choose to take it.

not that you aren't aware, just thought i'd post it just in case.

Thanks Stein.

It's important. Very important to here stuff like that as many times as possible.

Congratualtions! My family has an affinity for California as we were there last summer visiting relatives, and fell in love with it. My daughter insists that she will live there some day. Over 2700sq feet! That's a lot of jamming space, brother!! $500,000 with that acreage is nothing. That house in Toronto, even if it did need a new roof would be millions, like $5,000,000 at least.

By comparison, we live in a 1500 sq foot (and that inclused the basement!)two storey, 100 year old brick semi (3 bedrooms and a finished basement with lots of upgrades and refinishings) that has a postage stamp for a front yard, and the same for the back. If we sold it today, it would be what you paid for yours!! That's real estate in Toronto. Anmd I bet you won't have to put up with lingering piecesw of knob and tube wiring! You scored big time! So, when's the jam? [thumbup]

Hey JP,

We watch HGTV's Property Virgins and that show comes from Toronto.

I see the prices there all the time. Sounds like you have a nice place.

That's about the square footage for where we're currently living.

With three kids, it'll be nice when everybody has their own rooms.

A three-car garage?! Oh I'm so jealous!!! Is it zoned for horses etc? And you're putting in a pool instead of horses? <scratches head> Now remember that pools are high maintenance. Oh wait, so are horses [biggrin]

Anyway, CONGRATULATIONS!! Make sure you check out the roof! [tongue]

Archived