Gibson Brands Forums

Cool Photo !!!

Vienna1981

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I almost hate to admit this, but the photo quality, everything about it, was the first thing that hit me. But then I also take photos for part of my living - and <grin> I'm old. <chortle> Otherwise "the girl" likely would have taken priority.

So I saw the high quality photo, then the girl... then the guitar.

Seriously, if you play as well as the photographer shoots, I can only wish you the best in a musical career that would have to show great promise.

As has been mentioned, I also appreciate that "rock" and the guitar are the focus, not whether you're individually sexy or not. That speaks well of you, I think, and probably sez you actually are a guitar player rather than a girl who plays some guitar and uses "foxy" to cover lack of musicianship and lack of concern for musicianship. If I could hug you as an old picker to a young one, I would.

And that's from an old guy who ain't into tats 'cuz he's got enough "markings" on the bod from the vicissitudes of a lotta years of not necessarily making good sense a priority. <grin>

EDIT: I went back and heard your vids. You're doing well. Keep up with the classical stuff and I'm super-happy to see I'm not the only nut who plays classical stuff on an electric. <big grin>

m

Why hasn't anyone commented on your playing?

I can honestly say. You could be a good player. I wish I could have an hour with you to explain.

Don't take this the wrong way.

I've said many times before on here. There's playing the notes and 'PLAYING' the notes. Don't just pick and play. 'Feel' every note. You were just going through the motions on those vids. I know you're learning. That's why I'm telling you this. There was no emotion. Listen to BB King or Clapton. Or even Sambora. Listen to his playing. Take his solo and pick it to bits.

'Feel' the bends. Put effort into vibrato. It's hard to explain. It needs more 'umph'. I'll find a vid and post it.

You need to be shown. Do you know any really good guitarists?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIroT0yohxY&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Vienna.

As I said. This is a good example and a great instructor.

Watch his facial expression when bending. His emotion.

Copy his 'licks' and practice them. Perhaps press a bit harder for the solo's. Hit with the pick a bit harder as well. Try turning the pick a bit and hit the string with the pick and instantly with your thumb. It gives you a harmonic.

I hope you're not offended. Just passing on some hints.

Many young players here could learn a lot from this clip.

SG fan...

Hey, Gilliangirl is a regular - just not a fanatic high-number poster. She's definitely a lady. Girl, whatever. An adult female who plays guitar, cares for horses and rides is on my "A" list for being good folks.

Several other ladies drop in and out.

But yeah, on a lotta our "rants" adding a lady's perspective is not a bad idea at all.

m

@lashurst thnx for your honesty and tips, I wish you had an hour to talk to me 2! I'll do my best with the video you've posted and if you have more tips I'd love to hear from you!

To all you other guys, thnx for the great comments 

Archived