Gibson Brands Forums

'Kat Owners: Li'l Help?

Pennyman

I own a WildKat, but I'm currently in Singapore and my poor 'Kat is back in Canada (and damn, I miss her!) I'm thinking of picking up some locking tuners while I'm here and installing them when I'm home for the summer, but I can't for the life of me remember what style of tuners the 'Kat has on it (i.e. one screw or two; if two, are the screws in-line or diagonal?) Would any of you fine folks be willing to post a pick of the back of your headstock so I know what to look for?

Thanks,

P.

Ah, good old Ebay, why didn't I think of that? ](*,)

Yeah, that looks about right. Interesting that mine's an '07 but the serial # is on the sticker inside the f-hole, whereas the one on Ebay has it on the headstock.

Thanks~

P.

Ah, good old Ebay, why didn't I think of that? ](*,)

Yeah, that looks about right. Interesting that mine's an '07 but the serial # is on the sticker inside the f-hole, whereas the one on Ebay has it on the headstock.

Thanks~

P.

Mine had the serial number both places..............

mine has grovers on it with single postscrew in the center.

you may want to pickup a nice roller bridge and roller nut while your at it . i put on a schaller roller bridge and a mitymite roller nut. it stays in tune nicely now and i dont have locking tuners.

Archived