Gibson Brands Forums

Plus Top and ultra colors

Tmusich

Noticed that alot of new cherry sunbursts, honeybursts and Ultras coming into the store within last month or so are completely different colors than what they used to be. One of the managers at guitar center told me that Epiphone has gone to a cherry sunburst and are no longer making the heritage version. Have pics of the differences, which the new ones I think are horrible. Anyone know anything about this? Try to post pics later.

Noticed that alot of new cherry sunbursts, honeybursts and Ultras coming into the store within last month or so are completely different colors than what they used to be. One of the managers at guitar center told me that Epiphone has gone to a cherry sunburst and are no longer making the heritage version. Have pics of the differences, which the new ones I think are horrible. Anyone know anything about this? Try to post pics later.

I owned a Heritage Cherry sunburst & now have a DEEP hertitage cherry sunburst custom, Faded cherry sunburst & Gibson Heritage cherry sunburst, the colours certainly do vary but the "Faded" cherry didn't feel faded to me tho the red band is greatly reduced.

Heres some comparison images (Gibson lp std - 1959 Epi lp std - Heritage lp std (no longer owned) & lp custom Epi's

sdc10979r.jpgsdc10951k.jpglespauls.jpg

I just LOVE my honeyburst epi which I modded....It has a DiMarzio Super D in the neck and a DiMarzio Super 3 in the bridge ( thanx to one of our brothern here in the epi forum ). The guitar is a monster now [biggrin]

post-30026-034231200 1299600781_thumb.jpg

Archived