Gibson Brands Forums

Roy

CAMELEYE

Half past naptime earlier this afternoon instead of hitting the couch as per usual I found myself scrolling mindlessly through LGOs, C1s, various Masterbilt string offers and assorted Gibsonalia. Suddenly something in the dim, dark recesses of my sleepy brain said Whoa! and I jerked upright, nearly swiveling out of my chair. Gotta tighten this thing up some before I hurt myself, I thought as I groped frantically for equilibrium. Furiously scrolling back(up)ward, a cold, possibly Gas induced sweat began to trickle down my forehead. Never at a loss for words I mumbled, What!? As my faculties came back on line I squinted like Popeye in a herculean effort to make sense of what was slowly resolving into an sight that nearly took my breath away. Gasping for air while my bronchial tubes and heart began to prepare me for fight or flight I was able to discern an image, an image that appeared at first glance to be one I've seen many times before, a sunburst J size Gibson. You wake me up for this? I asked myself. But myself wasn't answering so I turned back to the screen.

Now, the recent buzz over a particular artist model not withstanding, I sat dumbfounded, my mouth ever so slightly agape as there before me radiating a warmth that hinted at unbridled joy appeared a ... a Roy! Yes! But not just any Roy though, oh no, a Prototype! Then I dimly remembered Janusguy ever so casually mentioning a recent acquisition that had given me pause to consider, where does this guy come up with these? I remember feeling a tinge of envy, of, why can't this happen to me? of, why am I always one step behind? Never. Get. A. Break.! Arrughh!

That aside, I reminded myself how much my dog really loved me and told myself to calm right down, boy.

So, forcing my limited attention back to the Montana Miracle inches in front of my nose, fretting that it would vanish if I so much as even blinked, sneezed and/or farted, I took a deep breath to steady myself and with a trembling finger hit BIN.

LOL...camel eye....you can't hold a good man down...lol

Half past naptime earlier this afternoon instead of hitting the couch as per usual I found myself scrolling mindlessly through LGOs, C1s, various Masterbilt string offers and assorted Gibsonalia. Suddenly something in the dim, dark recesses of my sleepy brain said Whoa! and I jerked upright, nearly swiveling out of my chair. Gotta tighten this thing up some before I hurt myself, I thought as I groped frantically for equilibrium. Furiously scrolling back(up)ward, a cold, possibly Gas induced sweat began to trickle down my forehead. Never at a loss for words I mumbled, What!? As my faculties came back on line I squinted like Popeye in a herculean effort to make sense of what was slowly resolving into an sight that nearly took my breath away. Gasping for air while my bronchial tubes and heart began to prepare me for fight or flight I was able to discern an image, an image that appeared at first glance to be one I've seen many times before, a sunburst J size Gibson. You wake me up for this? I asked myself. But myself wasn't answering so I turned back to the screen.

Now, the recent buzz over a particular artist model not withstanding, I sat dumbfounded, my mouth ever so slightly agape as there before me radiating a warmth that hinted at unbridled joy appeared a ... a Roy! Yes! But not just any Roy though, oh no, a Prototype! Then I dimly remembered Janusguy ever so casually mentioning a recent acquisition that had given me pause to consider, where does this guy come up with these? I remember feeling a tinge of envy, of, why can't this happen to me? of, why am I always one step behind? Never. Get. A. Break.! Arrughh!

That aside, I reminded myself how much my dog really loved me and told myself to calm right down, boy.

So, forcing my limited attention back to the Montana Miracle inches in front of my nose, fretting that it would vanish if I so much as even blinked, sneezed and/or farted, I took a deep breath to steady myself and with a trembling finger hit BIN.

hmmm ok.

hmmm ok.

Mine won't be in till sometime later next week. Hopefully I'll learn how to post pix before that.

Thanks to all for the positive responses above. Just tryin' to have a little fun with this guitar thing we're all so involved with. Ce

Mine won't be in till sometime later next week. Hopefully I'll learn how to post pix before that.

Thanks to all for the positive responses above. Just tryin' to have a little fun with this guitar thing we're all so involved with. Ce

I think you'll love this one, Ce, if it's anything like my 2002 Radio Grande - the deeper 12-fret body, & the short scale set it apart tonally from your other Gibson slopes, past & present - and after having several other wide-neck guitars, the Smeck is the only one that remains - the neck geometry makes it much more playable for me than the others I owned (including a Collings 00 & a Martin 00028 Norman Blake).

Can't wait to see those pix!

Great work Ce,I have a real pineing for that guitar in rosewood.Can anyone direct me to a new/used,prototype whatever.I know Gruhns' has a Radio Grande but would love one that was in the travel for the Jackson Browne model.

Thanks Todd

Archived